Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leap 42.3 and 15.1 dual boot: Files copied to other SDD not visible. btrfs

Default Re: Leap 42.3 and 15.1 dual boot: Files copied to other SDD not visible. btrfs

anyone, who can give me some hints with these informations?

Maybe this can give you a hint to figure out what is going on: When I copy a file from Leap 42.3 on /dev/sda2/ to /dev/sdc2/ to the root directory / and I log into Leap 15.1 on /dev/sdc2/ afterwards I can see this file. Copies to any other directory on /dev/sdc2/ however are not visible to me when I am logged in to Leap 15.1 on /dev/sdc2/.
    How can that be?
    Any help appreciated.

Default Re: Leap 42.3 and 15.1 dual boot: Files copied to other SDD not visible. btrfs

Quote Originally Posted by seb234 View Post
    Code:
    /dev/sdc2 /home btrfs rw,relatime,ssd,space_cache,subvolid=264,subvol=/@/home 0 0
    You /home is located in subvolume @/home, while you mounted default root subvolume. When you boot into 15.1 whatever you copied there is hidden below /home mount point.

If you want to copy data into your home directory you need to mount the correct subvolume:
    Code:
    mount -t btrfs -o subvol=/@/home /dev/sdc2 /mnt
    Pick your mount point.

Quote Originally Posted by arvidjaar View Post
    You /home is located in subvolume @/home, while you mounted default root subvolume. When you boot into 15.1 whatever you copied there is hidden below /home mount point.
    If you want to copy data into your home directory you need to mount the correct subvolume:
    Code:
    mount -t btrfs -o subvol=/@/home /dev/sdc2 /mnt
    Pick your mount point.
    Thanks, arvidjaar. When I do that, then from leap42.3 I have the same "view" on home folder like when I boot Leap 15.1, i.e. I see the same files. That's perfect and future copies should work fine.

Now I'm wondering, what directory on /dev/sdc2 I copied the *.ova files to. Leap 42.3 booted I do a
    Code:
    find / -name *.ova
    and the files are found in
    Code:
    ./run/media/myuser/2dd459e0-7c42-44b6-92ca-0a277b38f4d2/home/Dokumente/vbox_export/...
    How can I access this directory from Leap 15.1?

Quote Originally Posted by seb234 View Post
    How can I access this directory from Leap 15.1?
    Either unmount /home or explicitly mount default subvolume once more (mount /dev/sdc2 /mnt); pick your device name and mount point.

thanks @arvidjaar for your help. Still I didn't get it fixed.

I decided to reinstall 15.1 with ext4 partitions instead of btrfs because btrfs setup was to complicated for my limited administration skills.

Unfortunately new errors arised: I can not boot 42.3 anymore after the install of 15.1. I open a new thread for this as its a new topic.

Thanks again all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12