Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Weird behaviour after zypper up

Default Re: Weird behaviour after zypper up

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Well, I see nothing wrong with that file, it just sets those two environment variables LANG and LANGUAGE (that specify to applications which locale and language to use), and it probably had the same content *before* the latest updates... (as it is some user setting)
    That should not affect the keyboard layout at all anyway.

The problem apparently isn't specific to mc either, as this mailinglist post suggests:
    https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-.../msg00151.html

So it seems to be somewhere deeper I suppose, maybe bash itself or some system startup script.
    Or maybe it could be a bug in the new startplasma program that's used instead of startkde now? :-/ (that would "run" ~/.config/plasma-locale-settings.sh on login AFAIK)
    I forgot to write that after "rm ~/.config/plasma-locale-settings.sh" you should restart plasma (logout-login).

Quote Originally Posted by jirazy View Post
    I forgot to write that after "rm ~/.config/plasma-locale-settings.sh" you should restart plasma (logout-login).
    Yes, because the problem was indeed that start-plasma-* corrupted the environment when "running" ~/.config/plasma-locale-settings.sh during login (it didn't properly handle variables that contain newlines, like exported functions do).

A fix is on the way to Tumbleweed now:
    https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/740993

It's already in KDE:Frameworks5 for Leap 15.0/15.1.
    You can't blame a madman if you go insane

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Yes, because the problem was indeed that start-plasma-* corrupted the environment when "running" ~/.config/plasma-locale-settings.sh during login (it didn't properly handle variables that contain newlines, like exported functions do).
    PS: it looks like it does the same when running the scripts in ~/.config/plasma-desktop/env/, so if you have one in there deleting ~/.config/plasma-locale-settings.sh probably won't help. (I haven't verified that though)
    Last edited by wolfi323; 18-Oct-2019 at 02:02.
    You can't blame a madman if you go insane

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234