Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Can upgrade from 15.1 to .2 be done by editing repos and running zypper in tty?

Default Re: Can upgrade from 15.1 to .2 be done by editing repos and running zypper in tty?

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    You might want to find out what the timeline and objectives for each phase of the testing covers, if it's alpha it won't be (IME) upgrading from one release to another that usually happens in the later beta stages....
    Thanks Bud . . . well this is/was "alpha" . . . installer showed me the "upgrading" option, which I thought I saw on a post here that that would be the "easy" way to upgrade . . . seemed to miss a few things as the new kernels never booted . . . . And now we are stripped down to the TTY . . . have to see whether it can be "salvaged" or whether a fresh start will be the next step . . . .

Blog Entries

Default Re: Can upgrade from 15.1 to .2 be done by editing repos and running zypper in tty?

Quote Originally Posted by non_space View Post
    Thanks Bud . . . well this is/was "alpha" . . . installer showed me the "upgrading" option, which I thought I saw on a post here that that would be the "easy" way to upgrade . . . seemed to miss a few things as the new kernels never booted . . . . And now we are stripped down to the TTY . . . have to see whether it can be "salvaged" or whether a fresh start will be the next step . . . .
    Hi
    You might also want to keep an eye on openQA https://openqa.opensuse.org/group_overview/65 as to image status
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345