Thread: .ISO image opened with kwrite

Default .ISO image opened with kwrite

Hi.

I don't know since when it is happening.
    I download a iso image (for instance system rescue CD) and within dolphin I click on it and it open it with kwrite (my default text app)
    If I right click on the iso, the context menu shows k3b as the first option. If in the context menu, if I select "open with-other" it says "remember application for all files of type "plain text document" (text/plain) but going to system-settings-applications-file associations in text/plain there is no .iso anywhere

And the .iso extension in application/x-cd-image is associated to k3b

Where is it said .iso is a text/plain?

regards

Default Re: .ISO image opened with kwrite

From the applications you name I assume you are using KDE.

InKDE System Settings there is Personal Settings > Applications (i hope it is called like that, I have the Dutch translations here). There is File associations. Check there about what is configured about the .iso suffix.
    Henk van Velden

Blog Entries

I haven't personally used KDE and Dolphin in a long time, but IIRC,

Within Dolphin,
    Rt-click on the ISO file, select Properties.
    There used to be just a link and then later a button that says something like "File Associations"
    Click on that and inspect what you see... My guess this is where you have a mis-configuration listing it as text-plain and opened by default with kwrite.

TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

Hi fperal,

Quote Originally Posted by fperal View Post
    I download a iso image (for instance system rescue CD) and within dolphin I click on it and it open it with kwrite (my default text app) If I right click on the iso, the context menu shows k3b as the first option. If in the context menu, if I select "open with-other" it says "remember application for all files of type "plain text document" (text/plain) but going to system-settings-applications-file associations in text/plain there is no .iso anywhere And the .iso extension in application/x-cd-image is associated to k3b Where is it said .iso is a text/plain?
    There is a small possibility that you accidentally downloaded a text file instead of an .iso file. Happens to me sometimes that I get a html-page instead of a .zip or a .pdf file. Try
    Code:
    file --mime /location/of/the/iso_file
    in a terminal window (e.g. konsole) and post the output here (between [CODE] and [/CODE] tags).

Kind regards,

Leen