Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do I use smart card for computer login.

Default Re: How do I use smart card for computer login.

Quote Originally Posted by arvidjaar View Post
    It won't work for 32 bit applications.
    That makes sense but I didn't chose the /lib64/ directory and presumably the 64 bit version. That just came with the installation from yast/repo territory.

I only have one 32 bit laptop which is still running so I will not even consider trying to get 32 bit version until I get this device working.

Quote Originally Posted by Budgie2 View Post
    I didn't chose the /lib64/ directory
    So do not use absolute pathnames. Do you see them anywhere else in PAM configuration?

Quote Originally Posted by arvidjaar View Post
    So do not use absolute pathnames. Do you see them anywhere else in PAM configuration?
    No I do not. On the other hand neither can I find pam_p11.so other than in the /lib64/security directory and neither can I find /usr/local/lib/security or /usr/local/lib/opensc-pkcs11.so. The use of absolute paths was also suggested in the instructions. All I am doing is following and the pam instructions I quoted say:-

Code:
    ## Using pam_p11

### Login

To use pam_p11 with some application like `sudo`, edit `/etc/pam.d/sudo` and add something like the following at the beginning of the file:

```
    auth  sufficient  /usr/local/lib/security/pam_p11.so  /usr/local/lib/opensc-pkcs11.so
    ```

Replace `/usr/local/lib/opensc-pkcs11.so` with your PKCS#11 implementation. Using an absolute path to `pam_p11.so` avoids the need to write to a system directory, which is especially useful for macOS with system integrity protection (SIP) enabled.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Budgie2 View Post
    No I do not. On the other hand neither can I find pam_p11.so other than in the /lib64/security directory and neither can I find /usr/local/lib/security or /usr/local/lib/opensc-pkcs11.so. The use of absolute paths was also suggested in the instructions. All I am doing is following and the pam instructions I quoted say:-

Code:
    ## Using pam_p11

### Login

To use pam_p11 with some application like `sudo`, edit `/etc/pam.d/sudo` and add something like the following at the beginning of the file:

```
    auth  sufficient  /usr/local/lib/security/pam_p11.so  /usr/local/lib/opensc-pkcs11.so
    ```

Replace `/usr/local/lib/opensc-pkcs11.so` with your PKCS#11 implementation. Using an absolute path to `pam_p11.so` avoids the need to write to a system directory, which is especially useful for macOS with system integrity protection (SIP) enabled.
    Hi
    The application will find the locations, if you installed opensc then it's in /usr/lib64 where is should be, ldcache/ldconfig take care of the paths to the libraries....
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123