Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: HD monitor to large fonts

  1. #1

    Default HD monitor to large fonts

    Hi,

    I thought I was doing myself a favor and spent money on a large high res monitor. But now the fonts are to large (real bad on chrome and firefox - just the tabs and address bars). I have used everything I could find in the configure desktop. I set all the font sizes to 9 and still the font size is to big. I was able to reset the icon size but everything (my apps) that uses the system clues to set the font are to large. I need some guidance in what to do next. I'm there is something I can do???????

    Johnf

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    19,765
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: HD monitor to large fonts

    John, which desktop? If KDE, add this to /etc/sddm.conf:
    Code:
    [X11]
    EnableHiDPI=true
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  3. #3

    Default Re: HD monitor to large fonts

    Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    John, which desktop? If KDE, add this to /etc/sddm.conf:
    Code:
    [X11]
    EnableHiDPI=true
    I had high hopes but that did not work.
    Yes I am using KDE.
    The sddm.conf file was empty to start. Not sure if that means anything. As a reminder I am using 15.1. Also this all stock config.

    Johnf

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    20,263
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: HD monitor to large fonts

    Quote Originally Posted by John_fabiani View Post
    I had high hopes but that did not work.
    Yes I am using KDE.
    The sddm.conf file was empty to start. Not sure if that means anything. As a reminder I am using 15.1. Also this all stock config.

    Johnf
    Configure KDE via

    System Settings > Fonts

    If necessary, adjust the fonts DPI manually there.
    openSUSE Leap 15.0; KDE Plasma 5

  5. #5

    Default Re: HD monitor to large fonts

    Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    Configure KDE via

    System Settings > Fonts

    If necessary, adjust the fonts DPI manually there.
    I'm already at 6-7 with DPI set at 216. BTW in case anyone is wondering
    the resolution is 3840x2160 and it's LG 42

    Johnf

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    20,263
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: HD monitor to large fonts

    Quote Originally Posted by John_fabiani View Post
    I'm already at 6-7 with DPI set at 216.
    You can also scale the display via System Settings > Display and Monitor

    Make the desired change (eg scale display to 1.4) and then restart the desktop by holding down Ctrl+Alt+Backspace. See if that helps.
    openSUSE Leap 15.0; KDE Plasma 5

  7. #7

    Default Re: HD monitor to large fonts

    Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    You can also scale the display via System Settings > Display and Monitor

    Make the desired change (eg scale display to 1.4) and then restart the desktop by holding down Ctrl+Alt+Backspace. See if that helps.
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    That fixed the issue - I was very concern I spent $600 for nothing.
    Johnf

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    20,263
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: HD monitor to large fonts

    Quote Originally Posted by John_fabiani View Post
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    That fixed the issue - I was very concern I spent $600 for nothing.
    Johnf
    Glad to have been of guidance. My next suggestion would have been to move closer to the monitor.
    openSUSE Leap 15.0; KDE Plasma 5

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •