Thread: Thanks again for gimagereader packaging

Blog Entries

Default Thanks again for gimagereader packaging

This is a thankyou post again to malcolmlewis, for the gimagereader packaging.

As an expatriate living in various countries, I find this application invaluable. I very much appreciate malcolmlewis continued packaging of the application.

I use it extensively to scan letters received by postal mail in German and/or French language, and OCR them and then translate (via a separate method) to English language.

Today (after a physical residence change froom Europe to Asia) today I installed opensUSE-15.1 on my laptop, and then immediately successfully installed malcom's packaging of gimagereader in on openSUSE-15.1, It works well thus far.

I added my method for installing to my blog on gimage reader:

openSUSE-12.1 to openSUSE Leap-15.1 with gImageReader and Tesseract

The above link 'may change' and if it does, I will endeavor to update the link.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Thanks again for gimagereader packaging

Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    This is a thankyou post again to malcolmlewis, for the gimagereader packaging.

As an expatriate living in various countries, I find this application invaluable. I very much appreciate malcolmlewis continued packaging of the application.

I use it extensively to scan letters received by postal mail in German and/or French language, and OCR them and then translate (via a separate method) to English language.

Today (after a physical residence change froom Europe to Asia) today I installed opensUSE-15.1 on my laptop, and then immediately successfully installed malcom's packaging of gimagereader in on openSUSE-15.1, It works well thus far.

I added my method for installing to my blog on gimage reader:

openSUSE-12.1 to openSUSE Leap-15.1 with gImageReader and Tesseract

The above link 'may change' and if it does, I will endeavor to update the link.
    Hi
    Your welcome and thank you for the kudos

I see it's updated to a newer version now (tesseract 4.0 support) so it has been updated for Leap 15.0, Leap 15.1 and Tumbleweed....

https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...l/gimagereader
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!