Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Realtek RTL8822BE device disconnected

Default AW: Realtek RTL8822BE device disconnected

Btw, there are 2 OBS repositories building this project but they don't seem to be up2date.
    Since April 2019, nothing was change from Larry Finger in the git Repo, so it is an actual driver.

You can also use:
    https://download.opensuse.org/reposi...leweed/x86_64/

Default Re: Realtek RTL8822BE device disconnected

Uuuuu, this is even better (no kernel upgrades headaches). I was looking for rt8822be in OBS; I wasn't even sure if rtlwifi_new was the correct driver to build.

Thank you all for the support!
    Joy, frustration, excitement, madness, aha's, headaches ... codito ergo sum!
    My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.

Default Re: Realtek RTL8822BE device disconnected

Just an update to this thread: worked fine until the end of Nov. when no recompile and no reinstall of the rtlwifi modules made it work again.
    Based on the README file in the repo, the drivers for RTL8822BE are now on the rtw88 branch but for kernels > 5.2 it is recommended to use the default ones.

I've tried to make install the modules from extended branch and from rtw88 branch but wireless was still not working. In the end I've removed the rtlwifi modules folder from kernel, removed the blacklist file, removed all packages installed from
    https://download.opensuse.org/reposi...USE_Tumbleweed repo or switched them to packman ones.
    After a reboot the onboard wireless card was back in business.

Code:
    simona@devrog:~> inxi -N
    Network:   Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet driver: r8168 
               Device-2: Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WiFi adapter driver: rtw_pci
    Joy, frustration, excitement, madness, aha's, headaches ... codito ergo sum!
    My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12