Thread: OKULAR no longer showing RECENT FILES and restory LAST WINDOW POSITION/SIZE when opened

Default OKULAR no longer showing RECENT FILES and restory LAST WINDOW POSITION/SIZE when opened

The OKULAR PDF Reader Application seems to be no longer showing RECENT FILES and LAST WINDOW POSITION/SIZE in the past several weeks now (while I was using Leap 15, but worked before in Leap 15). I know it refers use the ~/.local/share/recently-used.xbel to store these files, and I checked, and when I open files in OKULAR, it does store those filenames (with other info) into that file.

Does anyone know how to rememdy this situation?

Also, I noticed when trying out another DISTRO (which ALWAYS turns out to be a bad deal for me), I noticed that OKULAR had to be downloaded using SNAP, thus, ALL the OKULAR FILES were stored in the ~/snap/okular/52 directory, which had it own .local and .config subdirs, thus,

~/snap/okular/52/.local/share/recently-used.xbel

And that worked well as it did with openSUSE before.Of course, all those files are still there. Maybe it I could symlink the SNAP dirs, with the old way dirs, that MIGHT work. Or, get this snap program (which can be done via the gimp.org site) and just do the SNAP OKULAR way.

Blog Entries

Default Re: OKULAR no longer showing RECENT FILES and restory LAST WINDOW POSITION/SIZE when opened

I am seeing "recent files" (in the "Files" menu), although it isn't something that I normally use. I have no idea where to look for "last window position", and I don't normally use that either.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;
    testing Leap 15.2Alpha

Blog Entries

Default Re: OKULAR no longer showing RECENT FILES and restory LAST WINDOW POSITION/SIZE when opened

AFAIK, it uses ~/.local/share/okular/docdata/ to store .xml files for recently opened files. Perhaps that history doesn't match the actual current location(s) of your .pdf files?
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5

Blog Entries

Also, check ~/.config/okularrc for window size and recent file history.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5

Problem Solved

It was a bad symlink ...

~/.config/okularrc -> ../../../.kde4/share/config/okularrc

I copied the okularrc file into the ~/.config dir;

Screen Size beautiful as before, instead of wimpy little box,
    and all the most recent files are now listed.

Thank you all for your input!