Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leap 15.1 No sound since installation

Blog Entries

Default Re: Leap 15.1 No sound since installation

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy624 View Post
    How would I do that? Via Yast>Sound HD Audio Controller is set as 0 and GK104 HDMI Audio Controller is set as 1, I thought this would make the built-in audio car the default active.
    Yes, although I'm not sure how PA configuration might influence that.

Via the configuration tab I can select the off profile for the GK104 HDMI Audio Controller, will that work?
    Yes, give it a try I guess. I assume that your sound bar really is connected via a digital S/PDIF connection though?
    openSUSE Leap 15.0; KDE Plasma 5

Blog Entries

It appears to me that you have greatly complicated your setup, by installing an equalizer before you had sound working.

Typically, after a new install, I first get basic sound working. I then make note of my settings with sound functioning. Only after basic sound is properly functional do I then add things such as an equalizer.

My recommendation would be to delete the equalizer app, ... configure your sound without the equalizer, and then after you have sound functioning properly with pulse audio, add the equalizer.

Its a far more simple and IMHO easier approach.

Blog Entries

Further to the above, the equalizer complicates your setup. I am not convinced 'digital audio' is the correct setting for your PC.

Looking at your setup:

Configuration: I would be surprised if "Digital Stereo (IEC958) + Analog Stereo input" is the correct setting. What other options do you have?

Under Output devices: I would be surprised if "Digital Output (S/PDIF)" is the correct setting. What other options do you have?

Playback : You are sending audio to "LADSPA Plugin Multiband EQ on Built-In Audio Digital Stereo (IEC958)" but I do not see where that device is receiving the audio. You have the LADSPA Stereo stream set to "Built in Audio Digital Stereo (IEC958)" but I would be surprised if that is the correct setting.
    Last edited by oldcpu; 06-Aug-2019 at 02:31.

Now I finally have sound...

I have managed to change the configuration for the built in audio too Analog Stereo Duplex and the sound has finally worked, I can change it too Analog Stereo Output too and it still works. All the playback settings changed to Built-in Audio Analog Stereo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy624 View Post
    Now I finally have sound...

I have managed to change the configuration for the built in audio too Analog Stereo Duplex and the sound has finally worked, I can change it too Analog Stereo Output too and it still works. All the playback settings changed to Built-in Audio Analog Stereo.
    Thanks for the update. That's why I was asking about how your sound bar was really connected, and oldcpu was also asking the same question. Anyway, good result.
    openSUSE Leap 15.0; KDE Plasma 5

Appreciate the help, thank you

Blog Entries

Well done in your efforts/determination to get this working.

Sometimes the sound can be frustrating to get working, but once it is functional and one becomes more familiar with the setup, I find the number of possibilities for sound direction/control very useful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12