Fix LibreOffice Calc Alt+Drag

Hi,

I’ve been very irritated by a bug in libreoffice calc, past several versions, where moving a row or column doesn’t work. For some reason, LO uses drag’n’drop instead of cut’n’paste to do this, and furthermore, the defailt behavior leaves a hole at the source ond overwrites data at the destination. Holding Alt changes the operation to actually move a row or column, to cut it from the source and insert it at the destination.

But under KDE, holding the Alt key does nothing. Turns out, if you remove package libreoffice-qt, it works. Then you get the default look, or you can install libreoffice-gtk2 or -gtk3. The latter two loo better because KDE can apply gtk themes, but gtk3 installs libreoffice-gn0ome as well. If you do that, then when you try to open a file from within the app, the folders won’t be collected at the top but alphabetized with the files.

Reproduced in Leap 15.1 as well as Tumbleweed. In seeking a solution, I’ve seen others griping about broken At+Drag, so the root cause must be upstream. I haven’t seen anyone else suggesting removing qt integration to solve it. -GEF

Did you report the bug? If not https://bugzilla.opensuse.org

I think he did. Or somebody did – bug 1143129

Sorry Knurpht, I was away, but nrickert is right, I submitted the bug. So far the only comment has come from someone who didn’t read all of mine: CHanging the modifier key for window action in KDE settigs makes no difference.