Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to get rid of google & co ?

Default Re: How to get rid of google & co ?

Quote Originally Posted by zlisiecki View Post
    Hi Mike, thank you for your answer. At first sight it seems to help, but later on the problem appeared again.

I hope this has nothing to do with https://forums.opensuse.org/showthre...-kernel-source

WS X390 PROS
    Kernel 4.12 is a little old for the machine (July'17). You should try a higher one, for example get the RPM package of the latest Kernel 5.2.4-1. You should also consider Tumbleweed that starts at Kernel 5.2.x There are many improvements for new machines there.

Get this package and open it with Yast (force it). Restart and see if the 5.2 drivers are for the better. That won't affect the existing Kernel(s), just try it for testing purposes.
    [x] kernel-default-5.2.4-1.1.g5034dba.x86_64.rpm 28-Jul-2019 14:58 67M Details

https://download.opensuse.org/reposi...andard/x86_64/

You shouldn't play with the Kernel, the OpenSUSE Kernel teams do all the work for us.

Please give the reading:

Code:
    rpm -qa | grep -i kernel
    Ryzen 2700U FHD Lenovo ThinkPad E585

Hi, my mouse is working absolutely correct and without any trouble, but as a wired mouse !
    I did not identify a source disturbing wireless mouse: a LED lamp, a static phone, an EIZO terminal or a computer itself (power supply) or possibly a scanner, a TV, a radioamplifier with boxes.

I'd like to thank for everybody, who contributed to this thread and say sorry, for the problem had no solution in Linux software alone.

Exclamation Re: How to get rid of google & co ?

Quote Originally Posted by mike_g View Post
    Kernel 4.12 is a little old for the machine (July'17).
    Please be aware that, the SUSE employees insert backports into the 4.12 SLE 15 Kernel to support the newest AMD and Intel CPUs, APUs and GPUs.
    • The SUSE SLE 15 Kernel is made available to the openSUSE community and, it's maintained by SUSE employees for use by the openSUSE community …

Cool Re: How to get rid of google & co ?

for the problem had no solution in Linux software alone.
    Except that, you mentioned earlier that, you're using the Web-Browser written and maintained by Alphabet employees.
    • My personal choice, is for the Web-Browser written an maintained by Mozilla employees, with the “Ghostery” add-on installed – and the KDE Plasma add-on as well as and also …

Can we avoid Alphabet?
    • For many daily things, included this Forum «it uses Google Analytics», I suspect not …

Question Re: How to get rid of google & co ?

1. I had the same problem with another mouse, yet also wireless

My new ASUS wokstation board WS X390 PROS has the newest BIOS.
    Is the wireless mouse a Bluetooth or USB Device model?

Please be aware that, mouse manufacturers such as Logitech admit some support for Linux systems – for example: <https://logitech-driversupport.com/l...e-m185-driver/>.
    Easy wireless flexibility with plug-and-forget nano receivers Functions with Windows, Mac, Chrome OS or Linux-based computers.
    You'll need to be more specific about which wireless mouse – it may well be that, a specific driver is needed …

• For many daily things, included this Forum «it uses Google Analytics», I suspect not …
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/

Exclamation Re: How to get rid of google & co ?

I use Ghostery and, allow by means of “unlock” this Forum to do whatever it wants to do …
    • The folks who maintain this Forum have to decided to use some Google tools.
    • My personal opinion is, that we should respect that decision …

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123