Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: osc build does not create a reusable package cache

  1. #1

    Default osc build does not create a reusable package cache

    I have been using OBS and osc for some time at a basic user level. I build projects locally using osc before committing to OBS. All works fine for Leap and Debian_9.0.

    I have just started building for Debian_10 and whilst the projects build successfully with osc, each time I build I get the message:-
    100.0% cache miss. 0/180 dependencies cached.
    and all packages are downloaded again.
    On inspection in the Debian_10 package cache directory the filenames are odd, they all have b' prepended and inserted. For example:-
    b'adduser'_b'3.118'_b'all'.deb
    As opposed to the same package in the Debian_9.0 directory of:-
    adduser_3.115_all.deb

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Regards,
    Mark

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,670
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: osc build does not create a reusable package cache

    Quote Originally Posted by mgrantprg View Post
    I have been using OBS and osc for some time at a basic user level. I build projects locally using osc before committing to OBS. All works fine for Leap and Debian_9.0.

    I have just started building for Debian_10 and whilst the projects build successfully with osc, each time I build I get the message:-
    100.0% cache miss. 0/180 dependencies cached.
    and all packages are downloaded again.
    On inspection in the Debian_10 package cache directory the filenames are odd, they all have b' prepended and inserted. For example:-
    b'adduser'_b'3.118'_b'all'.deb
    As opposed to the same package in the Debian_9.0 directory of:-
    adduser_3.115_all.deb

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Regards,
    Mark
    Hi
    Have you configured a package cache directory in ~/,oscrc or ~/.config/osc/oscrc

    Code:
    # Downloaded packages are cached here. Must be writable by you.
    packagecachedir =
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  3. #3

    Default Re: osc build does not create a reusable package cache

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Have you configured a package cache directory in ~/,oscrc or ~/.config/osc/oscrc

    Code:
    # Downloaded packages are cached here. Must be writable by you.
    packagecachedir =
    Yes in ~/.config/osc/oscrc and it holds packagecachedir = /var/cache/osbuild-packagecache

    and Debian 10 does appear where expected alongside Deb 9, Fed 29, Fed30 and Leap 15.1.
    It is just the filenames that are odd b'adduser'_b'3.118'_b'all'.deb for example.

    Mark

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,670
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: osc build does not create a reusable package cache

    Quote Originally Posted by mgrantprg View Post
    Yes in ~/.config/osc/oscrc and it holds packagecachedir = /var/cache/osbuild-packagecache

    and Debian 10 does appear where expected alongside Deb 9, Fed 29, Fed30 and Leap 15.1.
    It is just the filenames that are odd b'adduser'_b'3.118'_b'all'.deb for example.

    Mark
    Hi
    Suggest you create one outside /var accessible via your user.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  5. #5

    Default Re: osc build does not create a reusable package cache

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Suggest you create one outside /var accessible via your user.
    That directory is owned by my user, it has worked for months, osc build writes the Deb 10 packages into the directory, they are there. The filenames are garbled.

    Mark

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,670
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: osc build does not create a reusable package cache

    Quote Originally Posted by mgrantprg View Post
    That directory is owned by my user, it has worked for months, osc build writes the Deb 10 packages into the directory, they are there. The filenames are garbled.

    Mark
    Hi
    Strange indeed.... what version of osc is in use? I have no issues with openSUSE and my package cache...

    Code:
     du -sh /data/repositories/osbuild-packagecache/
    31G    /data/repositories/osbuild-packagecache/
    Might be best to head over to the Build Service Mailing List opensuse-buildservice (or IRC Freenode #opensuse-buildservice);

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Communication_channels
    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Mai...s_subscription
    https://lists.opensuse.org/
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •