Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Anybody able to compile Kuickshow for 15.1?

  1. #1

    Default Anybody able to compile Kuickshow for 15.1?

    Hello,

    I am looking for somebody who can make an installable rpm for Kuickshow für OS 15.1. I am willing to pay something (via paypal).
    Anybody?

    Kuickshow is crucial to my daily work, but unfortunately it doesn't exist for 15.1 (last version 42.3) and I am not able to compile it (I looked ab OBS but this is from another universe to which my brain doesn't have access :-) )

    This weekend I install 15.1 plus some new hardware, so in case I get a positive answer here it might take a while until I am able again to answer, but I will. It is very important to me...

    Thanks for your help!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sauerland
    Posts
    3,892

    Default AW: Anybody able to compile Kuickshow for 15.1?

    I have tried to build it, but too old.....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,529
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: AW: Anybody able to compile Kuickshow for 15.1?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauerland View Post
    I have tried to build it, but too old.....
    Hi
    This one? https://github.com/KDE/kuickshow it needs fixing for imlib2...

    What about: https://bitbucket.org/andreyu/simple...gl/src/master/
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  4. #4

    Default Re: AW: Anybody able to compile Kuickshow for 15.1?

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    This one? https://github.com/KDE/kuickshow it needs fixing for imlib2...
    I found it for 42.3 here: download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mad_soft/
    but unfortunately there is none for 15.1. I don't know who is "mad-soft" and how to contact him or her...

    I believe the sources are here: https://github.com/KDE/kuickshow/releases

    Looking at the screenshots this program also uses a background eating up screen space, and puts information below the image. Kuickshow simply just shows the image, and doesn't need any additional space....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,529
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: AW: Anybody able to compile Kuickshow for 15.1?

    Quote Originally Posted by danielbasel View Post
    I found it for 42.3 here: download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mad_soft/
    but unfortunately there is none for 15.1. I don't know who is "mad-soft" and how to contact him or her...
    Hi
    Yes, that one, but like I indicated, the reason it's really failing is the move to imlib2, so the cmake bits need fixing....

    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...soft/kuickshow
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  6. #6

    Default Re: AW: Anybody able to compile Kuickshow for 15.1?

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    it's really failing is the move to imlib2, so the cmake bits need fixing....
    I donwloaded the source kuickshow-0.9.2-4.1.src.rpm from http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...Leap_42.3/src/
    I installed imlib-nogdk-devel-1.9.15 from http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...p_15.1/x86_64/
    I installed the kde4-devel packages

    but rpmbuild exists with error
    (complete output: https://www.daniel-bauer.com/div/kuickshow_rpmbuild.txt )

    imlib should be there now, how to fix cmake is something I don't understand not even a little bit. But looking at the rpmbuild output I believe it came quite close to a solution, I just don't have any idea what is still missing or fails or what I could do...

    Any ideas?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,529
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: AW: Anybody able to compile Kuickshow for 15.1?

    Quote Originally Posted by danielbasel View Post
    I donwloaded the source kuickshow-0.9.2-4.1.src.rpm from http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...Leap_42.3/src/
    I installed imlib-nogdk-devel-1.9.15 from http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...p_15.1/x86_64/
    I installed the kde4-devel packages

    but rpmbuild exists with error
    (complete output: https://www.daniel-bauer.com/div/kuickshow_rpmbuild.txt )

    imlib should be there now, how to fix cmake is something I don't understand not even a little bit. But looking at the rpmbuild output I believe it came quite close to a solution, I just don't have any idea what is still missing or fails or what I could do...

    Any ideas?
    Hi
    Not sure I would want to build with old and likely unsupported libraries (imlib/kde4) which I suspect is the error.

    If you really want the application, then would suggest raising an upstream bug with https://github.com/KDE/kuickshow ask them if they will port to imlib2, since the rest has been ported to kde/plasma5...
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sauerland
    Posts
    3,892

    Default AW: Anybody able to compile Kuickshow for 15.1?

    make[2]: *** No rule to make target '/usr/lib64/libImlib.so', needed by 'lib/libkdeinit4_kuickshow.so'. Stop.
    It does not build......
    Code:
    /home/stephan/rpmbuild/BUILD/kuickshow/src/imlibwidget.cpp:652: undefined reference to `Imlib_load_image'
    /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: /home/stephan/rpmbuild/BUILD/kuickshow/src/imlibwidget.cpp:669: undefined reference to `Imlib_set_image_modifier'
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/kdeinit_kuickshow.dir/build.make:661: src/libkdeinit5_kuickshow.so] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/stephan/rpmbuild/BUILD/kuickshow/build'
    make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:192: src/CMakeFiles/kdeinit_kuickshow.dir/all] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/stephan/rpmbuild/BUILD/kuickshow/build'
    make: *** [Makefile:130: all] Error 2
    error: Bad exit status from /home/stephan/rpmbuild/tmp/rpm-tmp.NTyhrl (%build)
    Same as yesterday....

  9. #9

    Default Re: AW: Anybody able to compile Kuickshow for 15.1?

    raising an upstream bug
    Sorry for the stupid question, but how do you raise an upstream bug? I've been on the github page but see no possibility to enter bugs or wishes...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,529
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: AW: Anybody able to compile Kuickshow for 15.1?

    Quote Originally Posted by danielbasel View Post
    Sorry for the stupid question, but how do you raise an upstream bug? I've been on the github page but see no possibility to enter bugs or wishes...
    Hi
    Ahh it's dropped package... I see this "I have switched to Gwenview from Kuickshow, since Kuickshow is discontinued" in a KDE forum thread.

    Maybe the Author (email at the bottom of the github page) may offer insights? I see there was a commit last month....
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •