Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: X-REBIRTH linux v4.30 - KDE - PAV won't switch source device

  1. #1

    Default X-REBIRTH linux v4.30 - KDE - PAV won't switch source device

    I installed linux x-rebirth and both extensions. When I click on the desktop icon, it starts up and has no sound. Using alt-tab, I exit. I launch PAV and it shows monitor and sound card under tab output devices. Clicking on playback, I try to change the port to HDMI monitor sound from sound card. It will not change it. Also, I am able to switch back and forth from sound card to HDMI monitor on the Firefox application.

    I installed GOG version v4.30 X-REBIRTH in normal user mode. Output mentioned a package called murine. I managed to find and install it.

    Downloaded and used this command:
    sh x_rebirth_en_4_30_16978.sh
    sh x_rebirth_teladi_outpost_dlc_en_gog_3_16977.sh
    sh x_rebirth_home_of_light_dlc_en_gog_3_16977.sh

    Followed prompts until each was installed.


    The command line output of pav displays this.

    Code:
    (pavucontrol:4142): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:83:29: The style property GtkStatusbar:shadow-type is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version
    The sound card is creative labs. Can't recall at the model # at the moment. Also, I'm getting high pitch scream from the sound card speakers frequently.


    I set the icon to run in terminal mode.

    Code:
    Running X: Rebirth
    Language detected: English
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/lehann_beinne\nGames\nRebirth’: Permission denied
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/lehann_beinne\nGames\nRebirth’: Permission denied
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/lehann_beinne\nGames\nRebirth’: Permission denied
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/lehann_beinne\nGames\nRebirth’: Permission denied
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/lehann_beinne\nGames\nRebirth’: Permission denied
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/lehann_beinne\nGames\nRebirth’: Permission denied
    ln: failed to create symbolic link '/home/lehann_beinne/GOG Games/X Rebirth/game/support/drdump/drdump.ini': No such file or directory
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/lehann_beinne\nGames\nRebirth’: Permission denied
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/lehann_beinne\nGames\nRebirth’: Permission denied
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/lehann_beinne\nGames\nRebirth’: Permission denied
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/lehann_beinne\nGames\nRebirth’: Permission denied
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/lehann_beinne\nGames\nRebirth’: Permission denied
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/lehann_beinne\nGames\nRebirth’: Permission denied
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/lehann_beinne\nGames\nRebirth’: Permission denied
    ln: failed to create symbolic link '/home/lehann_beinne/GOG Games/X Rebirth/game/support/drdump/drdump.ini': No such file or directory
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/lehann_beinne\nGames\nRebirth’: Permission denied
    Elephant Memory Manager Initialized with 0MB
    Elephant Memory Manager Name And Callstack Base Address is 0x142a2b9
    Elephant Memory Manager Mode: Resizable Mode, Has small heap: No, 64bit, Version: 1.7.3
    Heap Resize Generic 0x0x7f1a6c66b000 to 0x0x7f1a7666afc0
    There more after this. Doesn't running in normal user mode give it permission in the home directory?


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,915

    Default Re: X-REBIRTH linux v4.30 - KDE - PAV won't switch source device

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_valarian View Post
    I installed linux x-rebirth and both extensions. When I click on the desktop icon, it starts up and has no sound. Using alt-tab, I exit. I launch PAV and it shows monitor and sound card under tab output devices. Clicking on playback, I try to change the port to HDMI monitor sound from sound card. It will not change it. Also, I am able to switch back and forth from sound card to HDMI monitor on the Firefox application.

    I installed GOG version v4.30 X-REBIRTH in normal user mode. Output mentioned a package called murine. I managed to find and install it.

    Downloaded and used this command:
    sh x_rebirth_en_4_30_16978.sh
    sh x_rebirth_teladi_outpost_dlc_en_gog_3_16977.sh
    sh x_rebirth_home_of_light_dlc_en_gog_3_16977.sh

    Followed prompts until each was installed.


    The command line output of pav displays this.

    Code:
    (pavucontrol:4142): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:83:29: The style property GtkStatusbar:shadow-type is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version
    The sound card is creative labs. Can't recall at the model # at the moment. Also, I'm getting high pitch scream from the sound card speakers frequently.


    I set the icon to run in terminal mode.

    Code:
    Running X: Rebirth
    Language detected: English
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/lehann_beinne\nGames\nRebirth’: Permission denied
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/lehann_beinne\nGames\nRebirth’: Permission denied
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/lehann_beinne\nGames\nRebirth’: Permission denied
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/lehann_beinne\nGames\nRebirth’: Permission denied
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/lehann_beinne\nGames\nRebirth’: Permission denied
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/lehann_beinne\nGames\nRebirth’: Permission denied
    ln: failed to create symbolic link '/home/lehann_beinne/GOG Games/X Rebirth/game/support/drdump/drdump.ini': No such file or directory
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/lehann_beinne\nGames\nRebirth’: Permission denied
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/lehann_beinne\nGames\nRebirth’: Permission denied
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/lehann_beinne\nGames\nRebirth’: Permission denied
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/lehann_beinne\nGames\nRebirth’: Permission denied
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/lehann_beinne\nGames\nRebirth’: Permission denied
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/lehann_beinne\nGames\nRebirth’: Permission denied
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/lehann_beinne\nGames\nRebirth’: Permission denied
    ln: failed to create symbolic link '/home/lehann_beinne/GOG Games/X Rebirth/game/support/drdump/drdump.ini': No such file or directory
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/lehann_beinne\nGames\nRebirth’: Permission denied
    Elephant Memory Manager Initialized with 0MB
    Elephant Memory Manager Name And Callstack Base Address is 0x142a2b9
    Elephant Memory Manager Mode: Resizable Mode, Has small heap: No, 64bit, Version: 1.7.3
    Heap Resize Generic 0x0x7f1a6c66b000 to 0x0x7f1a7666afc0
    There more after this. Doesn't running in normal user mode give it permission in the home directory?

    It should have the proper permissions when you run it as yourself. You can always double check with ls -l. What I find strange is that it tries to create directories with newline character between Games and Rebirth? I think this directory creation problem might not be related to the sound issues. Did you ask about this on GOG forums? From my experience they are pretty good at helping people with the games in their shop.
    Best regards,
    Greg

  3. #3

    Default Re: X-REBIRTH linux v4.30 - KDE - PAV won't switch source device

    Quote Originally Posted by glistwan View Post
    It should have the proper permissions when you run it as yourself. You can always double check with ls -l. What I find strange is that it tries to create directories with newline character between Games and Rebirth? I think this directory creation problem might not be related to the sound issues. Did you ask about this on GOG forums? From my experience they are pretty good at helping people with the games in their shop.
    I checked the permissions they are correct. The installers work, installs to 'GOG games'. I'll ask GOG tech support.

    Sound issue? Why is PAV not able to switch channels?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,915

    Default Re: X-REBIRTH linux v4.30 - KDE - PAV won't switch source device

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_valarian View Post
    I checked the permissions they are correct. The installers work, installs to 'GOG games'. I'll ask GOG tech support.

    Sound issue? Why is PAV not able to switch channels?
    That's a good question but I don't know the answer. If you try "journalctl -f" when trying to make the channel switch do you see any pulseaudio related logs?
    Best regards,
    Greg

  5. #5

    Default Re: X-REBIRTH linux v4.30 - KDE - PAV won't switch source device

    Quote Originally Posted by glistwan View Post
    That's a good question but I don't know the answer. If you try "journalctl -f" when trying to make the channel switch do you see any pulseaudio related logs?
    I tried installing as a superuser. Then running as super user. Same errors. Root access isn't the problem. According to egosoft, it's designed for a version of Ubuntu linux.

    If I do alt-tab, then launch PAV. Trying to switch channels shows nothing on journal command. There are various errors on starting.
    Code:
    Jul 24 22:23:52 linux-uucq kwin_x11[1916]: qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 6432, resource id: 67108864, major code: 18 (ChangeProperty), minor code: 0
    Jul 24 22:23:52 linux-uucq kwin_x11[1916]: qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 6439, resource id: 67108865, major code: 18 (ChangeProperty), minor code: 0
    Jul 24 22:23:53 linux-uucq org_kde_powerdevil[2018]: powerdevil: Scheduling inhibition from ":1.13" "My SDL application" with cookie 153 and reason "Playing a game"
    Jul 24 22:23:53 linux-uucq org_kde_powerdevil[2018]: powerdevil: Releasing inhibition with cookie  153
    Jul 24 22:23:53 linux-uucq org_kde_powerdevil[2018]: powerdevil: It was only scheduled for inhibition but not enforced yet, just discarding it
    Jul 24 22:23:53 linux-uucq org_kde_powerdevil[2018]: powerdevil: Scheduling inhibition from ":1.13" "My SDL application" with cookie 154 and reason "Playing a game"
    Jul 24 22:23:56 linux-uucq kwin_x11[1916]: Could not remove our own lock file "/home/username/.cache/plasma-svgelements-openSUSE_v0.5.lock" maybe permissions changed meanwhile?
    Jul 24 22:23:57 linux-uucq org_kde_powerdevil[2018]: powerdevil: Enforcing inhibition from ":1.13" "My SDL application" with cookie 153 and reason "Playing a game"
    Jul 24 22:23:57 linux-uucq org_kde_powerdevil[2018]: powerdevil: By the time we wanted to enforce the inhibition it was already gone; discarding it
    Jul 24 22:23:58 linux-uucq org_kde_powerdevil[2018]: powerdevil: Enforcing inhibition from ":1.13" "My SDL application" with cookie 154 and reason "Playing a game"
    Jul 24 22:23:58 linux-uucq org_kde_powerdevil[2018]: powerdevil: Added change screen settings
    Jul 24 22:23:58 linux-uucq org_kde_powerdevil[2018]: powerdevil: Added interrupt session
    Jul 24 22:23:58 linux-uucq org_kde_powerdevil[2018]: powerdevil: Disabling DPMS due to inhibition
    Jul 24 22:23:58 linux-uucq org_kde_powerdevil[2018]: powerdevil: Can't contact ck
    Jul 24 22:24:18 linux-uucq kwin_x11[1916]: QPainter::begin: Paint device returned engine == 0, type: 3
    Jul 24 22:24:18 linux-uucq kwin_x11[1916]: QPainter::setRenderHint: Painter must be active to set rendering hints
    Jul 24 22:24:18 linux-uucq kwin_x11[1916]: QPainter::setWindow: Painter not active
    Jul 24 22:24:18 linux-uucq kwin_x11[1916]: QPainter::setClipRect: Painter not active
    Jul 24 22:24:18 linux-uucq kwin_x11[1916]: QPainter::save: Painter not active
    Jul 24 22:24:18 linux-uucq kwin_x11[1916]: QPainter::setRenderHint: Painter must be active to set rendering hints
    Jul 24 22:24:18 linux-uucq kwin_x11[1916]: QPainter::setPen: Painter not active
    Jul 24 22:24:18 linux-uucq kwin_x11[1916]: QPainter::setBrush: Painter not active
    Jul 24 22:24:18 linux-uucq kwin_x11[1916]: QPainter::setClipRect: Painter not active
    Jul 24 22:24:18 linux-uucq kwin_x11[1916]: QPainter::drawRects: Painter not active
    Jul 24 22:24:18 linux-uucq kwin_x11[1916]: QPainter::restore: Unbalanced save/restore
    Jul 24 22:24:18 linux-uucq kwin_x11[1916]: QPainter::save: Painter not active
    Jul 24 22:24:18 linux-uucq kwin_x11[1916]: QPainter::setRenderHint: Painter must be active to set rendering hints
    Jul 24 22:24:18 linux-uucq kwin_x11[1916]: QPainter::setBrush: Painter not active
    Jul 24 22:24:18 linux-uucq kwin_x11[1916]: QPainter::setPen: Painter not active
    Jul 24 22:24:18 linux-uucq kwin_x11[1916]: QPainter::drawRects: Painter not active
    Jul 24 22:24:18 linux-uucq kwin_x11[1916]: QPainter::restore: Unbalanced save/restore

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •