Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Upgraded from 15.0 to 15.1 - libgcrypt selftest failed

  1. #1

    Question Upgraded from 15.0 to 15.1 - libgcrypt selftest failed

    Hello, I've done an online update from 15.0 to 15.1

    now whenever I run any console command I get a libgcrypt warning that I didn't get previously:

    ~> su root
    libgcrypt selftest: binary (0): Selftest failed (/usr/lib64/.libgcrypt.so.20.hmac)
    Password:

    The commands seem to run OK but any suggestions welcome, thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,524
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Upgraded from 15.0 to 15.1 - libgcrypt selftest failed

    Quote Originally Posted by megalithic View Post
    Hello, I've done an online update from 15.0 to 15.1

    now whenever I run any console command I get a libgcrypt warning that I didn't get previously:

    ~> su root
    libgcrypt selftest: binary (0): Selftest failed (/usr/lib64/.libgcrypt.so.20.hmac)
    Password:

    The commands seem to run OK but any suggestions welcome, thanks
    Hi
    I see a user reported a similar issue (no reply);
    https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/.../msg00116.html

    Can you check the packages actually updated?

    Code:
    zypper se -si libgcrypt
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  3. #3

    Default Re: Upgraded from 15.0 to 15.1 - libgcrypt selftest failed

    Yes I saw that other post - thanks. Here's the output

    # zypper se -si libgcrypt
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...

    S | Name | Type | Version | Arch | Repository
    ---+-------------------+---------+-----------------+--------+----------------------
    i+ | libgcrypt11 | package | 1.5.4-lp151.3.1 | x86_64 | (System Packages)
    i+ | libgcrypt20 | package | 1.8.2-lp151.8.1 | x86_64 | Main Repository (OSS)
    i+ | libgcrypt20-32bit | package | 1.8.2-lp151.8.1 | x86_64 | Main Repository (OSS)

    I installed libgcrypt11 afterwards to get the Spotfy app working, it hasn't affected anything.
    Thanks

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,524
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Upgraded from 15.0 to 15.1 - libgcrypt selftest failed

    Quote Originally Posted by megalithic View Post
    Yes I saw that other post - thanks. Here's the output

    # zypper se -si libgcrypt
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...

    S | Name | Type | Version | Arch | Repository
    ---+-------------------+---------+-----------------+--------+----------------------
    i+ | libgcrypt11 | package | 1.5.4-lp151.3.1 | x86_64 | (System Packages)
    i+ | libgcrypt20 | package | 1.8.2-lp151.8.1 | x86_64 | Main Repository (OSS)
    i+ | libgcrypt20-32bit | package | 1.8.2-lp151.8.1 | x86_64 | Main Repository (OSS)

    I installed libgcrypt11 afterwards to get the Spotfy app working, it hasn't affected anything.
    Thanks
    Hi
    How did you install libgcrypt11 and from where, since it's a system package.

    Switch to root user (su -), are there any errors from the output of;
    Code:
    ldconfig
    Can you remove libgcrypt11, rerun ldconfig.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Upgraded from 15.0 to 15.1 - libgcrypt selftest failed

    Hello, the selftest failed error was happening before I installed libgcrypt11 so I don't think it's connected

    I installed libgcrypt11 from a 1 click install
    https://software.opensuse.org/package/libgcrypt11
    Community package home:ComputerSmurf:Extras

    Everything else is from standard 15.1 packages (and packman repo)

    No errors (or any output at all) from ldconfig as root

    Thanks

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,524
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Upgraded from 15.0 to 15.1 - libgcrypt selftest failed

    Quote Originally Posted by megalithic View Post
    Hello, the selftest failed error was happening before I installed libgcrypt11 so I don't think it's connected

    I installed libgcrypt11 from a 1 click install
    https://software.opensuse.org/package/libgcrypt11
    Community package home:ComputerSmurf:Extras

    Everything else is from standard 15.1 packages (and packman repo)

    No errors (or any output at all) from ldconfig as root

    Thanks
    Hi
    OK, then can you force the re-install of the other two packages;

    Code:
    zypper in -f libgcrypt20 libgcrypt20-32bit
    You don't have any additional kernel command options active?

    Code:
    fgrep GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT /etc/default/grub
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  7. #7

    Default Re: Upgraded from 15.0 to 15.1 - libgcrypt selftest failed

    Thanks, no luck unfortunately. I added noresume as something was causing an error and I don't use resume. 15.1 seems to have doubled them all up...

    # fgrep GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT /etc/default/grub
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="showopts noresume acpi_osi=Linux splash=silent quiet splash=silent quiet showopts"


    # zypper in -f libgcrypt20 libgcrypt20-32bit
    libgcrypt selftest: binary (0): Selftest failed (/usr/lib64/.libgcrypt.so.20.hmac)
    Retrieving repository 'Application:Geo' metadata ..............................................................................................................................................................[done]
    Building repository 'Application:Geo' cache ...................................................................................................................................................................[done]
    Retrieving repository 'Packman Repository' metadata ...........................................................................................................................................................[done]
    Building repository 'Packman Repository' cache ................................................................................................................................................................[done]
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    Forcing installation of 'libgcrypt20-32bit-1.8.2-lp151.8.1.x86_64' from repository 'Main Repository (OSS)'.
    Forcing installation of 'libgcrypt20-1.8.2-lp151.8.1.x86_64' from repository 'Main Repository (OSS)'.
    Resolving package dependencies...

    The following 2 packages are going to be reinstalled:
    libgcrypt20 libgcrypt20-32bit

    2 packages to reinstall.
    Overall download size: 781.3 KiB. Already cached: 0 B. No additional space will be used or freed after the operation.
    Continue? [y/n/v/...? shows all options] (y): y
    Retrieving package libgcrypt20-1.8.2-lp151.8.1.x86_64 (1/2), 406.2 KiB ( 1.1 MiB unpacked)
    Retrieving: libgcrypt20-1.8.2-lp151.8.1.x86_64.rpm ............................................................................................................................................................[done]
    Retrieving package libgcrypt20-32bit-1.8.2-lp151.8.1.x86_64 (2/2), 375.1 KiB (885.8 KiB unpacked)
    Retrieving: libgcrypt20-32bit-1.8.2-lp151.8.1.x86_64.rpm ......................................................................................................................................................[done]
    Checking for file conflicts: ..................................................................................................................................................................................[done]
    (1/2) Installing: libgcrypt20-1.8.2-lp151.8.1.x86_64 ..........................................................................................................................................................[done]
    (2/2) Installing: libgcrypt20-32bit-1.8.2-lp151.8.1.x86_64 ....................................................................................................................................................[done]
    conserv3tb:/home/asb # exit
    exit
    ~> su root
    libgcrypt selftest: binary (0): Selftest failed (/usr/lib64/.libgcrypt.so.20.hmac)
    Password:

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,524
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Upgraded from 15.0 to 15.1 - libgcrypt selftest failed

    Hi
    Can you remove the two entries noresume acpi_osi=Linux temporarily, reboot and check again.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  9. #9

    Default Re: Upgraded from 15.0 to 15.1 - libgcrypt selftest failed

    That hasn't helped unfortunately. On the plus side whatever error I had with noresume with a previous version has gone away so I'll take that out.
    Thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •