Thread: FireFox Leep 15.0 Or Tumbleweed.

Default FireFox Leep 15.0 Or Tumbleweed.

Greetings;

I have searched the forum a can't find any question that describes what I want to know. I am running "Leap 15.0", I need to update firefox. The only latest edition to FF is 67.0.4 but it is for Tumbleweed.
    ? Can I install this version on top of Leap 15;? Or are there big differences between the two(2) OS's?

I have downloaded the latest from Mozilla; version "68.0.?" and it is working within an isolated account. I'm sure it would probably work system wide, but I like to go through official channels for software (ie opensuse).

TIA: J.B.G.

Blog Entries

Default Re: FireFox Leep 15.0 Or Tumbleweed.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbg View Post
    Greetings;

I have searched the forum a can't find any question that describes what I want to know. I am running "Leap 15.0", I need to update firefox. The only latest edition to FF is 67.0.4 but it is for Tumbleweed.
    ? Can I install this version on top of Leap 15;? Or are there big differences between the two(2) OS's?

I have downloaded the latest from Mozilla; version "68.0.?" and it is working within an isolated account. I'm sure it would probably work system wide, but I like to go through official channels for software (ie opensuse).

TIA: J.B.G.
    Hi
    Looks like you want to add the Mozilla repository;

Code:
    zypper ar -f -g -n "repo-mozilla" https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_Leap_15.0/ Mozilla
    zypper ref
    zypper up
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!