Thread: Backup partition

Default Backup partition

Hi!
    Can sombody tell me if I can create a "/backup" partition on installation time, in order to access to it as a normal user to save backup files?
    (I want to save files and directories of NTFS partitions from Linux as a normal user in /backup partition by mean Grsync.)

Thank you, in advance.
    [Adrián E. Córdoba]

Blog Entries

Default Re: Backup partition

Quote Originally Posted by aecordoba View Post
    Hi!
    Can sombody tell me if I can create a "/backup" partition on installation time, in order to access to it as a normal user to save backup files?
    (I want to save files and directories of NTFS partitions from Linux as a normal user in /backup partition by mean Grsync.)

Thank you, in advance.
    Hi
    Yes, sure can... you just need to use the expert partitioner during install to create etc. Not sure about permissions, you may need to set those after install, I normally use a /data partition during install and then create directories under here with user access.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Default Re: Backup partition

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Yes, sure can... you just need to use the expert partitioner during install to create etc. Not sure about permissions, you may need to set those after install, I normally use a /data partition during install and then create directories under here with user access.
    Thank you, so much!
    [Adrián E. Córdoba]