Thread: Suse Leap 42.3 WiFi drops with authorization supplicant timeout error

Default Suse Leap 42.3 WiFi drops with authorization supplicant timeout error

Dear experts,

I have Suse Leap 42.3 on my laptop in a dual boot with windows. Today I got the nasty surprise, that my wireless connection constantly drops due to "Authorization supplicant timeout " . I had the problem that, K-wallet was not properly configured and had to type my wireless password at log in. This however, did not cause any further problems and the wifi worked fine.
    I checked that the wireless is working by booting into windows.
    I hope that this can be fixed without updating the version of suse. I switched to 42.3 in February and the update broke the grub configuration, therefore I am scared/unwilling to try it so soon.
    Thank you in advance

Blog Entries

Default Re: Suse Leap 42.3 WiFi drops with authorization supplicant timeout error

Quote Originally Posted by john_snow View Post
    Dear experts,

I have Suse Leap 42.3 on my laptop in a dual boot with windows. Today I got the nasty surprise, that my wireless connection constantly drops due to "Authorization supplicant timeout " . I had the problem that, K-wallet was not properly configured and had to type my wireless password at log in.
    A pragmatic option might be to set the connection up as a 'system' connection' and allow the secrets to be stored in the root-owned NetworkManager configuration file instead, and have it connect automatically. That way the connection will be up before you log in without any further user intervention.

More info
    https://doc.opensuse.org/documentati...c.nm.sec.types

This however, did not cause any further problems and the wifi worked fine.
    That's good.

I checked that the wireless is working by booting into windows.
    I hope that this can be fixed without updating the version of suse. I switched to 42.3 in February and the update broke the grub configuration, therefore I am scared/unwilling to try it so soon.
    Thank you in advance
    We're not developers. We're users like yourself, so this is not the best place to communicate such wishes. If you find a bug or unexpected behaviour, best to communicate this as a bug report perhaps.
    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Submitting_bug_reports
    openSUSE Leap 15.0; KDE Plasma 5

Default Re: Suse Leap 42.3 WiFi drops with authorization supplicant timeout error

Hi,

well this is a problem with the software, since after rebooting few times i am able to log in. I was hoping that someone can give me advice. Perhaps some fix exists.

Blog Entries

I can only recommend upgrading to openSUSE Leap 15.x, as the version you're using is EOL now.
    openSUSE Leap 15.0; KDE Plasma 5