Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Repo configuration error - how do I find which one is the culprit

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    U.S Midwest just West of the Mississippi River
    Posts
    594

    Default Repo configuration error - how do I find which one is the culprit

    On my laptop, the update widget is reporting an signature problem with a repo. It doesn't say which repo.

    I thought it was the one for Google-Chrome, but not so sure now.

    I am thinking it is the Main Update Repo
    Code:
    http://download.opensuse.org/update/leap/$releasever/oss
    I hope I am wrong.
    What I can say, is that I was trying to put in an application that comes from there and it timed out with an error about checking server availability.

    Where do I look to find the repo that is the problem, and once I find it, how to fix?
    HP Compaq desktop Leap15.1 Win10, Win7
    Toshiba laptops Leap15.1 & Win10, HP AiO Win10.
    I can now print with openSuSe Leap! Can Scan now, could be better!!
    I can backup my iPod and iPad with Windows, can't with Linux.(Will get there someday!)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    U.S Midwest just West of the Mississippi River
    Posts
    594

    Default Re: Repo configuration error - how do I find which one is the culprit

    [QUOTE=Bill_L;2906871]On my laptop, the update widget is reporting an signature problem with a repo. It doesn't say which repo.
    This the actual message that pops up near the tray.
    Code:
    Signature verification for Repository rpm failed
    And when I click on it, up comes a configuration notice screen with a
    Code:
    Fatal Error - There was serious error causing the program to exit
    highlighted.

    This only happens on my laptop. The desktop, and the other laptop, no problem, and Leap was upgraded the same way via .iso on USB and selecting the UPGRADE option.
    HP Compaq desktop Leap15.1 Win10, Win7
    Toshiba laptops Leap15.1 & Win10, HP AiO Win10.
    I can now print with openSuSe Leap! Can Scan now, could be better!!
    I can backup my iPod and iPad with Windows, can't with Linux.(Will get there someday!)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    19,856
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Repo configuration error - how do I find which one is the culprit

    Hard to say something decent about this atm. As you can see on the top of the forums page, rsync.o.o is down.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    12,639
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Repo configuration error - how do I find which one is the culprit

    I suggest you use:
    Code:
    sudo zypper up -D
    at a terminal. It won't actually update because of that "-D" (or "--dry-run"). But if there's a problem with a repo, it will tell you which repo.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;
    testing Leap 15.2Alpha

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    19,856
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Repo configuration error - how do I find which one is the culprit

    Bill, could you show us your repos?
    Code:
    zypper lr -d
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,864
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Repo configuration error - how do I find which one is the culprit

    Hi
    Forcing a refresh and adding verbosity will show plenty of information to identify.
    Code:
    zypper -vvv ref -f
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    U.S Midwest just West of the Mississippi River
    Posts
    594

    Default Re: Repo configuration error - how do I find which one is the culprit

    DUH!! Like that old adage, 'right in front of my nose'.
    Code:
    Signature verification for Repository rpm failed
    FWIW, It is this repository
    Code:
    13 | rpm     | Softmaker Freeoffice      | Yes     | ( p) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | https://shop.softmaker.com/repo/rpm
    Now to find the signatures again. Same repo on 3 machines, problem on just my laptop.


    Code:
    Retrieving: https://shop.softmaker.com/repo/rpm/media.1/media ............................................................................................................[not found]Retrieving: https://shop.softmaker.com/repo/rpm/repodata/repomd.xml.asc .......................................................................................................[done]
    Retrieving: https://shop.softmaker.com/repo/rpm/repodata/repomd.xml.key ..................................................................................................[not found]
    Retrieving: https://shop.softmaker.com/repo/rpm/repodata/repomd.xml ...........................................................................................................[done]
    Looking for gpg key ID AA3E7F5E in cache /var/cache/zypp/pubkeys.
    Repository Softmaker Freeoffice does not define additional 'gpgkey=' URLs.
    Warning: File 'repomd.xml' from repository 'Softmaker Freeoffice' is signed with an unknown key '3413DA98AA3E7F5E'.
    
    
        Note: Signing data enables the recipient to verify that no modifications occurred after the data
        were signed. Accepting data with no, wrong or unknown signature can lead to a corrupted system
        and in extreme cases even to a system compromise.
    
    
        Note: File 'repomd.xml' is the repositories master index file. It ensures the integrity of the
        whole repo.
    
    
        Warning: We can't verify that no one meddled with this file, so it might not be trustworthy
        anymore! You should not continue unless you know it's safe.
    
    
    File 'repomd.xml' from repository 'Softmaker Freeoffice' is signed with an unknown key '3413DA98AA3E7F5E'. Continue? [yes/no] (no): y
    Retrieving repository 'Softmaker Freeoffice' metadata .........................................................................................................................[done]
    Forcing building of repository cache
    Building repository 'Softmaker Freeoffice' cache ..............................................................................................................................[done]
    Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    Bill, could you show us your repos?
    Code:
    zypper lr -d
    Code:
    zypper lr -d#  | Alias                     | Name                               | Enabled | GPG Check | Refresh | Priority | Type   | URI                                                                      | Service
    ---+---------------------------+------------------------------------+---------+-----------+---------+----------+--------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+--------
     1 | Google-Chrome             | Google-Chrome                      | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/rpm/stable/x86_64                      |        
     2 | packman.inode.at-suse     | Packman Repository                 | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_Leap_15.1/                         |        
     3 | repo-debug                | Debug Repository                   | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | NONE   | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/distribution/leap/15.1/repo/oss/      |        
     4 | repo-debug-non-oss        | Debug Repository (Non-OSS)         | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | NONE   | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/distribution/leap/15.1/repo/non-oss/  |        
     5 | repo-debug-update         | Update Repository (Debug)          | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | NONE   | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/update/leap/15.1/oss/                 |        
     6 | repo-debug-update-non-oss | Update Repository (Debug, Non-OSS) | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | NONE   | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/update/leap/15.1/non-oss/             |        
     7 | repo-non-oss              | Non-OSS Repository                 | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/15.1/repo/non-oss/        |        
     8 | repo-oss                  | Main Repository                    | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/15.1/repo/oss/            |        
     9 | repo-source               | Source Repository                  | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | NONE   | http://download.opensuse.org/source/distribution/leap/15.1/repo/oss/     |        
    10 | repo-source-non-oss       | Source Repository (Non-OSS)        | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | NONE   | http://download.opensuse.org/source/distribution/leap/15.1/repo/non-oss/ |        
    11 | repo-update               | Main Update Repository             | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/update/leap/15.1/oss/                       |        
    12 | repo-update-non-oss       | Update Repository (Non-Oss)        | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/update/leap/15.1/non-oss/                   |        
    13 | rpm                       | Softmaker Freeoffice               | Yes     | ( p) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | https://shop.softmaker.com/repo/rpm      
    HP Compaq desktop Leap15.1 Win10, Win7
    Toshiba laptops Leap15.1 & Win10, HP AiO Win10.
    I can now print with openSuSe Leap! Can Scan now, could be better!!
    I can backup my iPod and iPad with Windows, can't with Linux.(Will get there someday!)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,864
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Repo configuration error - how do I find which one is the culprit

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill_L View Post
    DUH!! Like that old adage, 'right in front of my nose'.
    Code:
    Signature verification for Repository rpm failed
    FWIW, It is this repository
    Code:
    13 | rpm     | Softmaker Freeoffice      | Yes     | ( p) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | https://shop.softmaker.com/repo/rpm
    Now to find the signatures again. Same repo on 3 machines, problem on just my laptop.


    Code:
    Retrieving: https://shop.softmaker.com/repo/rpm/media.1/media ............................................................................................................[not found]Retrieving: https://shop.softmaker.com/repo/rpm/repodata/repomd.xml.asc .......................................................................................................[done]
    Retrieving: https://shop.softmaker.com/repo/rpm/repodata/repomd.xml.key ..................................................................................................[not found]
    Retrieving: https://shop.softmaker.com/repo/rpm/repodata/repomd.xml ...........................................................................................................[done]
    Looking for gpg key ID AA3E7F5E in cache /var/cache/zypp/pubkeys.
    Repository Softmaker Freeoffice does not define additional 'gpgkey=' URLs.
    Warning: File 'repomd.xml' from repository 'Softmaker Freeoffice' is signed with an unknown key '3413DA98AA3E7F5E'.
    
    
        Note: Signing data enables the recipient to verify that no modifications occurred after the data
        were signed. Accepting data with no, wrong or unknown signature can lead to a corrupted system
        and in extreme cases even to a system compromise.
    
    
        Note: File 'repomd.xml' is the repositories master index file. It ensures the integrity of the
        whole repo.
    
    
        Warning: We can't verify that no one meddled with this file, so it might not be trustworthy
        anymore! You should not continue unless you know it's safe.
    
    
    File 'repomd.xml' from repository 'Softmaker Freeoffice' is signed with an unknown key '3413DA98AA3E7F5E'. Continue? [yes/no] (no): y
    Retrieving repository 'Softmaker Freeoffice' metadata .........................................................................................................................[done]
    Forcing building of repository cache
    Building repository 'Softmaker Freeoffice' cache ..............................................................................................................................[done]

    Code:
    zypper lr -d#  | Alias                     | Name                               | Enabled | GPG Check | Refresh | Priority | Type   | URI                                                                      | Service
    ---+---------------------------+------------------------------------+---------+-----------+---------+----------+--------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+--------
     1 | Google-Chrome             | Google-Chrome                      | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/rpm/stable/x86_64                      |        
     2 | packman.inode.at-suse     | Packman Repository                 | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_Leap_15.1/                         |        
     3 | repo-debug                | Debug Repository                   | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | NONE   | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/distribution/leap/15.1/repo/oss/      |        
     4 | repo-debug-non-oss        | Debug Repository (Non-OSS)         | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | NONE   | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/distribution/leap/15.1/repo/non-oss/  |        
     5 | repo-debug-update         | Update Repository (Debug)          | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | NONE   | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/update/leap/15.1/oss/                 |        
     6 | repo-debug-update-non-oss | Update Repository (Debug, Non-OSS) | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | NONE   | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/update/leap/15.1/non-oss/             |        
     7 | repo-non-oss              | Non-OSS Repository                 | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/15.1/repo/non-oss/        |        
     8 | repo-oss                  | Main Repository                    | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/15.1/repo/oss/            |        
     9 | repo-source               | Source Repository                  | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | NONE   | http://download.opensuse.org/source/distribution/leap/15.1/repo/oss/     |        
    10 | repo-source-non-oss       | Source Repository (Non-OSS)        | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | NONE   | http://download.opensuse.org/source/distribution/leap/15.1/repo/non-oss/ |        
    11 | repo-update               | Main Update Repository             | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/update/leap/15.1/oss/                       |        
    12 | repo-update-non-oss       | Update Repository (Non-Oss)        | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/update/leap/15.1/non-oss/                   |        
    13 | rpm                       | Softmaker Freeoffice               | Yes     | ( p) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | https://shop.softmaker.com/repo/rpm      
    Hi
    You would need to ask the third party repository owner what's up.....
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    U.S Midwest just West of the Mississippi River
    Posts
    594

    Default Re: Repo configuration error - how do I find which one is the culprit

    Another newbie mistake apparently. So pulled head out of dark place, and install the correct repo and it brought in the correct PGP key.
    Went to https://www.freeoffice.com/en/tips-and-tricks-linux then to the openSuse section.

    Code:
    sudo /usr/share/freeoffice2018/add_rpm_repo.sh
    Adding the SoftMaker repository to keep SoftMaker Office up to date...
    Importing the key for the SoftMaker repository...
    All done!
    Seems to work as it should.

    Thanks for all the help, and sorry to have wasted ya'll's time.
    HP Compaq desktop Leap15.1 Win10, Win7
    Toshiba laptops Leap15.1 & Win10, HP AiO Win10.
    I can now print with openSuSe Leap! Can Scan now, could be better!!
    I can backup my iPod and iPad with Windows, can't with Linux.(Will get there someday!)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,864
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Repo configuration error - how do I find which one is the culprit

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill_L View Post
    Another newbie mistake apparently. So pulled head out of dark place, and install the correct repo and it brought in the correct PGP key.
    Went to https://www.freeoffice.com/en/tips-and-tricks-linux then to the openSuse section.

    Code:
    sudo /usr/share/freeoffice2018/add_rpm_repo.sh
    Adding the SoftMaker repository to keep SoftMaker Office up to date...
    Importing the key for the SoftMaker repository...
    All done!
    Seems to work as it should.

    Thanks for all the help, and sorry to have wasted ya'll's time.
    Hi
    No time wasting at all, I think you learnt how to identify the issue, then found your answer and shared with the Forum
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •