Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Could my graphics adaptor have died?

Default Re: Could my graphics adaptor have died?

I see nothing in the log to suggest anything is wrong with openSUSE or the Radeon. I suspect a Plasma/KDE problem. Please try logging into an IceWM session instead of Plasma to confirm the log's indication that 1920x1080 is working. If confirmed, I suggest to start a new thread in the Applications forum to attract the attention of KDE experts instead of taxing the imagination of the hardware experts trying to determine what happened to your KDE settings.

If confirmed, you might try logging out, logging in on one of the vttys, and deleting the content of ~/.cache/, then trying Plasma again. Another option to confirm it's a personal KDE settings problem is create a new user and logging into Plasma using that user login.
    Reg. Linux User #211409 *** multibooting since 1992
    Primary: 42.3,TW,15.0 & 13.1 on Haswell w/ RAID
    Secondary: eComStation (OS/2)&42.3 on 965P/Radeon
    Tertiary: TW,15.0,42.3,Fedora,Debian,more on Kaby Lake,Q45,Q43,G41,G3X,965G,Cedar,Caicos,Oland,GT218&&&

Default Re: Could my graphics adaptor have died?

Quote Originally Posted by mrmazda View Post
    I see nothing in the log to suggest anything is wrong with openSUSE or the Radeon. I suspect a Plasma/KDE problem. Please try logging into an IceWM session instead of Plasma to confirm the log's indication that 1920x1080 is working. If confirmed, I suggest to start a new thread in the Applications forum to attract the attention of KDE experts instead of taxing the imagination of the hardware experts trying to determine what happened to your KDE settings. If confirmed, you might try logging out, logging in on one of the vttys, and deleting the content of ~/.cache/, then trying Plasma again. Another option to confirm it's a personal KDE settings problem is create a new user and logging into Plasma using that user login.
    You are correct and seems the problem is with Plasma/KDE once more. Clearing the ~/.cache/ didn't seem to do the trick but IceWM proved your point. Sorry to waste your time. Will post on Applications forum but clearly it is time for me to drop KDE and go for XFCE, LXDE or something similar. Thanks again. Budge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123