Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: struggle with some MySQL USE-statements that throw back errors all the time

Default Re: struggle with some MySQL USE-statements that throw back errors all the time

Good day dear Tsu2

first of all - many many thanks for your help and your replies. i am very glad to be here on this great place. - many many thanks for the continued help and the your support. Thanks for not letting me down. Tsu - i have encountered this for many years now. You do such a great job here.
    And this is just great and a really overwhelming experience. Tsu i am very very happy that you never have gave up the support and the continued help.

Now it works - i have talked to my serveradmin and he did some corrections. And now all runs like a chame. Note: i will talk to him and will ask him what exactly he did - in order to get to know what was the missing piece. I come back later the week and will let you know!!! I need to learn from this thing - !!!

Above all: Keep up the great work it rocks.

note:
    Code:

<?php
    if(function_exists('mysqli_connect')){
    if(!($link = mysqli_connect('localhost','my_db_user','my_passwd','my_db_name'))){
    die('could not connect: ' . mysqli_error($link));
    }
    } else {
    die("don't have mysqli");
    }
    echo 'connect successfully';
    mysqli_close($link);

it gave back the connect successfully ..
    and subsequently all - and the whole installation-process of wordpress went without any issue..

Quote Originally Posted by tsu2 View Post
    Sounds like you are making progress and are now working out the correct SQL syntax for your queries.

Depending on what you're working on,
    I'm a bit surprised that you have to get down into debugging your sql connection and handcrafting your sql statements.

Personally,
    I admit I'm a bit spoiled that I've used "drop in" data connection code blocks (aka modules, aka middleware) that set up with minimal configuration, and there are good IDE tools that can assist in designing your database schema and constructing your SQL statements. Whatever your skill level and experience, good tools can speed your progress.

TSU
    TSU - i also was surprised that i had to get down into debugging the sql connection and handcrafting the sql statements.
    i hope i will learn from all that.

many greetings to San Diego
    Dilbertone
    dilbert ;-)
    Wordpress-development - a Toolset: wpgear.org

Default Re: struggle with some MySQL USE-statements that throw back errors all the time

hello and good evening dear TSU,

some words about what have happened behind the scenes. The admin renewed the PHP-Build two days ago - on Jun 25 2019 16:34:32

cit: the new php was not able to find the mysql path with the data derived from php.ini. The Server-admin had to recompilie it and had to set a configure argument regarding the correct paths.

he talked about a "glitch" ...

note: as far as i can see we still have the following

mysql.default_socket /var/run/mysql/mysql.sock /var/run/mysql/mysql.sock
    mysqli.default_socket /var/run/mysql/mysql.sock /var/run/mysql/mysql.sock

and furthermore
    Code:
    Directive	Local Value	Master Value

and so forth

Code:
    pdo_mysql.default_socket	/home/vhost/WWW/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock	/home/vhost/WWW/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock

note : it runs now very well - but we still not have the newest version of PHP - guess that we do this upgrade in the near future...

BTW. we still have to upgrade the hardware too... (i will keep you informed

to sum up: this two-week-troubleshooting can be a great chance of digging deeper into some server-internals and the setting up of DB on Linux-systems. I will read some manuals and will want to understand all the things that happened here. It will take some days to do that. But above i wrote what the Backend-admin said to me so far.

above all: i am so glad to be here - and to receive so much support and encouraging.

keep up the great work - this is a great place
    Have a great day!

greetings
    yours dilbertone
    dilbert ;-)
    Wordpress-development - a Toolset: wpgear.org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12