Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48

Thread: Plasma crashes - I think - when resizing desktop widget

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chesterfield Township, MI USA
    Posts
    82

    Default Re: Plasma crashes - I think - when resizing desktop widget

    Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    I have read the thread again. And I don't think I can help you.

    The person best able to help you is tannington, who is more into that kind of detail with KDE. But when I read through the thread, I see you complaining that it is consuming too much of your time. Did you ever think about how much time tannington has spent on this?

    I know how tannington installed that widget, because he explained. I still don't know how you installed it, because you have not provided that information.
    Hello, Nice to hear from you. I installed it with the Download Widgets that KDE allows. Then I setup a test ID and could not use the Download Widgets because when I clicked on Install, it did nothing, so I went to the Git Hub and downloaded it and installed it with the plasmapkg2 command and it installed and when I tested it with the new ID, it crashed KDE. 1) Why wouldn't it install using the Download Widget app? 2) what does it prove that it crashed using a new ID? 3) Doing a re-install of the OS didn't fix it either, though I have not created a new ID again to test again.

    I am willing to create a new ID and install it again (Manually if needed) and run any command you like (As time consuming as it is). I'm tired of non help and frustrated. How can we speed up your understanding of the problem. I am willing to do extensive troubleshooting no matter how time consuming it is, but would appreciate NOT doing things more than once (as you know, most of it is time consuming)?
    Thanks in advance for your anticipated response, or tannington's response.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    1,140

    Default Re: Plasma crashes - I think - when resizing desktop widget

    Quote Originally Posted by trekjunky View Post
    Well. I ran the suggested updates and guess what? It required a reboot and it broke. I couldn't boot, so the quick fix was to do a fresh install from DVD. I wonder how many times my system will break RIGHT after a suggested update? It must be the 7th time now. I'm seeing a pattern of hate. ANYWAY, my problem with the widget crashing KDE is still a problem. I wonder why others don't have a problem, yet I do? I have problem after problem. TOO ****ING MANY to be chance. And you wonder why I call you hateful jerks!!!! Maybe you aren't the ones programming the updates, but you support what they do to me, so you're hateful jerks. No real help is another hateful clue to your agenda. I see you helping dozens of others within one or two tries. The difference between them and me is you know or can find out exactly what is wrong and tell me how to fix it, but you're so hateful, you leave me to fend for myself.
    Thanks for the thanks ...

    You probably need to forget the widget and try to address the problem of *why* your system is repeatedly breaking after applying updates.

    Only when you have a stable system would I then revisit the widget problem, if indeed it's still a problem.

    Good luck...
    Regards, Paul

    Tumbleweed (Snapshot: 20190713) KDE Plasma 5
    Leap 15.0 KDE Plasma 5
    [Non-Tumbling Tumblweed (20150508) KDE 4 - Resurrected]

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chesterfield Township, MI USA
    Posts
    82

    Default Re: Plasma crashes - I think - when resizing desktop widget

    Quote Originally Posted by tannington View Post
    Thanks for the thanks ...

    You probably need to forget the widget and try to address the problem of *why* your system is repeatedly breaking after applying updates.

    Only when you have a stable system would I then revisit the widget problem, if indeed it's still a problem.

    Good luck...
    So, let me understand, you will not help me with the widget problem or the applying updates problems. So you are the cause of all my problems? Is that why you advise me to forget one thing or another? You hate me that much? The system is stable for a few days to a week AFTER I do a re-install of the OS, so currently it is stable. Updates are what break the system with certain codes specifically sent to my system. I watch the forum for problems like mine, BUT I NEVER SEE ANYONE ELSE with the same problem which means I am targeted. I repeat, currently the system is stable. I will refrain to apply updates until the widget problem is fixed if that is what you want. It is stable for now. Any ****ing excuse NOT to help me! Sheesh!!!!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    19,582
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Plasma crashes - I think - when resizing desktop widget

    Quote Originally Posted by trekjunky View Post
    So, let me understand, you will not help me with the widget problem or the applying updates problems. So you are the cause of all my problems? Is that why you advise me to forget one thing or another? You hate me that much? The system is stable for a few days to a week AFTER I do a re-install of the OS, so currently it is stable. Updates are what break the system with certain codes specifically sent to my system. I watch the forum for problems like mine, BUT I NEVER SEE ANYONE ELSE with the same problem which means I am targeted. I repeat, currently the system is stable. I will refrain to apply updates until the widget problem is fixed if that is what you want. It is stable for now. Any ****ing excuse NOT to help me! Sheesh!!!!
    This is not the first post in this thread where you outright accuse others of misinforming you, of borking your system, while they are trying to help you. Consider this an official warning and give the T&C a good read. If you will not change your attitude towards others here, a ban will follow.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chesterfield Township, MI USA
    Posts
    82

    Default Re: Plasma crashes - I think - when resizing desktop widget

    Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    This is not the first post in this thread where you outright accuse others of misinforming you, of borking your system, while they are trying to help you. Consider this an official warning and give the T&C a good read. If you will not change your attitude towards others here, a ban will follow.
    I'm so sorry to offend all of you. I see patterns of hate and point them out. I'm so sorry that I accused ALL of you. All I want is for someone to help me, but I get one rebuke after another instead of help. People keep saying that they are trying to help me, yet, it seems to me that I am inundated with rebukes. So I wholeheartedly apologize and will refrain from accusing and just keep demanding help until it is resolved.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chesterfield Township, MI USA
    Posts
    82

    Default Re: Plasma crashes - I think - when resizing desktop widget

    WILL ANYONE HELP ME? THERE IS A SOLUTION, BUT I DON'T HAVE THE EXPERTISE TO FIND IT. I NEED HELP!

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    20,006
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Plasma crashes - I think - when resizing desktop widget

    Quote Originally Posted by trekjunky View Post
    WILL ANYONE HELP ME? THERE IS A SOLUTION, BUT I DON'T HAVE THE EXPERTISE TO FIND IT. I NEED HELP!
    It's clear to me that fellow users have been trying to assist you. Patience, politeness, and respect will go a long way to getting the attention from such fellow users who may be able to assist. You should also understand that it's not always easy to diagnose a problem from a distance. We're not over your shoulder to check the system for ourselves, so definitive information is usually required to help progress an issue. Ranting and subjective comments don't encourage others to respond further.
    Last edited by deano_ferrari; 21-Jun-2019 at 15:45.
    openSUSE Leap 15.0; KDE Plasma 5

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chesterfield Township, MI USA
    Posts
    82

    Default Re: Plasma crashes - I think - when resizing desktop widget

    Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    It's clear to me that fellow users have been trying to assist you. Patience, politeness, and respect will go a long way to getting the attention from such fellow users who may be able to assist. You should also understand that it's not always easy to diagnose a problem from a distance. We're not over your shoulder to check the system for ourselves, so definitive information is usually required to help progress an issue. Ranting and subjective comments don't encourage others to respond further.
    I understand. Now where is the help. The last message I got from someone who was helping me was "Good Luck." That tells me I am left on my own. You guys keep rebuking me, but don't offer anything concrete. I am patiently waiting for the rebukes to stop and the help to start. Unless you aim to rebuke until I blow up so that you can ban me?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    20,006
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Plasma crashes - I think - when resizing desktop widget

    Quote Originally Posted by trekjunky View Post
    I understand. Now where is the help. The last message I got from someone who was helping me was "Good Luck." That tells me I am left on my own. You guys keep rebuking me, but don't offer anything concrete.
    That is mainly as a consequence of your derogatory replies to those volunteers who were trying to assist you.

    I am patiently waiting for the rebukes to stop and the help to start. Unless you aim to rebuke until I blow up so that you can ban me?
    You need to take responsibility for all that has happened in this thread. The choice is in your hands.
    openSUSE Leap 15.0; KDE Plasma 5

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chesterfield Township, MI USA
    Posts
    82

    Default Re: Plasma crashes - I think - when resizing desktop widget

    Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    That is mainly as a consequence of your derogatory replies to those volunteers who were trying to assist you.


    You need to take responsibility for all that has happened in this thread. The choice is in your hands.
    Okay. It's my fault! Now can I get some help?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •