Thread: virtuabox e screen

Default virtuabox e screen

Installed virtualbox finished installing os virtualized I try to switch to make the video image fit the screen but nothing happens, it could be a kernel problem, I use Tumbleweed
    thanks

Default Re: virtuabox e screen

Quote Originally Posted by dragoncello21 View Post
    Installed virtualbox finished installing os virtualized I try to switch to make the video image fit the screen but nothing happens, it could be a kernel problem, I use Tumbleweed
    thanks
    Do you use Tumbleweed as a Host or as a Guest system (or both?)
    To be able to resize the screen image the Guest OS must have the Virtualbox Guest Additions installed. OpenSUSE images should install those additions automatically when they detect a virtual install, unless something is broken or you use incompatible versions of VirtualBox and Guest Additions.
    Other OSs need a manual procedure to install those additions, see the User Manual here https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Documentation for details.
    Main: Leap 15 Gnome on i7 4720HQ + Geforce GTX960M
    Test: Leap 42.3 (& others) on Core2Duo + GM965

Quote Originally Posted by OrsoBruno View Post
    Do you use Tumbleweed as a Host or as a Guest system (or both?)
    To be able to resize the screen image the Guest OS must have the Virtualbox Guest Additions installed. OpenSUSE images should install those additions automatically when they detect a virtual install, unless something is broken or you use incompatible versions of VirtualBox and Guest Additions.
    Other OSs need a manual procedure to install those additions, see the User Manual here https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Documentation for details.

Maybe I explained myself badly, my operating system is Tumbleweed, kernel 5.1.7.installed virtualbox, with zypper install virtualbox, also install guests, the problem that installed in virtual os Debian, when I try to adapt the image to the video I it always stays small, tried with ctrl-a ctrl-f, but nothing to do always lrimane to a small resolution, how can I do to solve the small screen problem, thanks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dragoncello21 View Post
    Maybe I explained myself badly, my operating system is Tumbleweed, kernel 5.1.7.installed virtualbox, with zypper install virtualbox, also install guests, the problem that installed in virtual os Debian, when I try to adapt the image to the video I it always stays small, tried with ctrl-a ctrl-f, but nothing to do always lrimane to a small resolution, how can I do to solve the small screen problem, thanks
    You have to install Virtualbox Additions in your Guest.
    Unlike openSUSE which installs all Guest related packages when the install detects the install is in a virtualized environment, all other distros including Debian require you to install Guest Additions manually.

When I do a search on my Debian, I get the following packages you should install (list edited to remove what I feel should not be installed)...
    Code:
    apt-cache search virtualbox-guest

virtualbox-guest-dkms
    virtualbox-guest-utils
    virtualbox-guest-x11
    TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

ok thanks
    tsu2