Thread: kmail pop3 stuck on fetching email

Question kmail pop3 stuck on fetching email

I have kmail running with an account using pop3. It is stuck (seemingly permanently) on 'Fetching message 976 of 1137 (10137 of 113637 KB) for ...'

How can I identify which email is causing the problem so I can delete it from the mail server using webmail?

Default Re: kmail pop3 stuck on fetching email

Quote Originally Posted by jetojedno View Post
    I have kmail running with an account using pop3. It is stuck (seemingly permanently) on 'Fetching message 976 of 1137 (10137 of 113637 KB) for ...'

How can I identify which email is causing the problem so I can delete it from the mail server using webmail?
    When dealing with lots of mail you may consider using fetchmail and postfix instead of kmail, see: https://karlmistelberger.wordpress.c...nsuse-desktop/
    AMD Athlon 4850e (2009), openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4, Intel i3-4130 (2014), i7-6700K (2016), i5-8250U (2018), openSUSE Tumbleweed, KDE Plasma 5

Default Re: kmail pop3 stuck on fetching email

Quote Originally Posted by jetojedno View Post
    It is stuck (seemingly permanently) on 'Fetching message 976 of 1137 (10137 of 113637 KB) for ...'
    AFAIK, KMail POP3 pulls the e-Mails on an ID basis – “lowest ID first; highest ID last”.
    You could take a look at the Web-Mail interface, to see if around the 161th e-Mail from the newest in the Post-Box is suspicious …

Alternatively, you could check the last e-Mail pulled by POP3 into KMail and then, go searching for that e-Mail in the Web-Mail interface – the next newest e-Mail is possibly the culprit – don't delete it – try to download it via the Web-Mail interface and then move it off to a folder in the Postbox «POP doesn't know about folders in the Postbox».
    The downloaded e-Mail can then be imported into a KMail folder.