Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After upgrade from Leap 15.0 to 15.1, Autohiding Panel now oscillates/flashes

Blog Entries

Default Re: After upgrade from Leap 15.0 to 15.1, Autohiding Panel now oscillates/flashes

Some of the KDE configuration might be in ".local/share/"
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;

Default Re: After upgrade from Leap 15.0 to 15.1, Autohiding Panel now oscillates/flashes

Also clear ~/.cache

Quote Originally Posted by CountBakula View Post
    I said above that when I add a new user, I don't see the issue.
    Sorry, I didn’t catch that the first time. If other users don’t show this panel-oscillating behavior, the brute-force (but laborious) way to investigate further would be to copy Plasma-/KDE related config files one by one, log out and in each time and observe the changes. Not very tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by CountBakula View Post
    This leads back to my unanswered question. Is there some sort of a "attention getting" feature of certain apps like konsole that is expected to unhide the panel and hilite the affected panel button? Like on Windows, an app can cause your task bar to show itself and the related button to flash.

If this feature exists, how do I disable it globally for the panel? I don't see anything obvious in the panel "more settings" GUI.
    I know not of such a feature. But if there is one, maybe it’s detectable using dbus-monitor; run it in an xterm/konsole while testing:
    Code:
    $ dbus-monitor 
    signal time=1560500774.903448 sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> destination=:1.42 serial=4 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameLost
       string ":1.42"
    signal time=1560500820.396653 sender=:1.15 -> destination=(null destination) serial=543 path=/component/kwin; interface=org.kde.kglobalaccel.Component; member=globalShortcutPressed
       string "kwin"
       string "Walk Through Windows"
       int64 912097
    Further candidates for interesting messages being logged, additionally to dbus-monitor:
    • journalctl -f -b --no-hostname --output=short-unix
    • dmesg -dT -w
    • tail -f .xsession-errors /var/log/Xorg.0.log
    Chances are that at least one of those logs floods your terminal while the panel-flashing occurs. That could be the one containing further hints. Post some of the output here, using the CODE tags (#).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12