Thread: Update to newest Gnome without updating the OS

Default Update to newest Gnome without updating the OS

I recently discovered there is a memory leak with my Gnome version 3.26.2 and there is a fix in the latest version. Is there anyway to update to the latest version without updating the whole OS?

Default Re: Update to newest Gnome without updating the OS

Hi, I'm afraid I don't know any easy way to add the latest Gnome to Leap 15.0 and I see that the just released Leap 15.1 is still at Gnome 3.26.
    You may try Tumbleweed with Gnome 3.32 currently; besides that, there are also experimental repos for Gnome on Tumbleweed, please see https://en.opensuse.org/GNOME_repositories
    But please be aware that the use of those experimental repos is discouraged unless you know what you are doing, see this thread for instance: https://forums.opensuse.org/showthre...-to-Gnome-3-32
    Main: Leap 15 Gnome on i7 4720HQ + Geforce GTX960M
    Test: Leap 42.3 (& others) on Core2Duo + GM965

You should open openSUSE bug report and point to upstream commit that fixes it. Chances are it can be backported.

Quote Originally Posted by arvidjaar View Post
    You should open openSUSE bug report and point to upstream commit that fixes it. Chances are it can be backported.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Someone already submitted a bug report and a solution is updating gjs and libgjs0 from the Tumbleweed repository. I updated libgjs0 without updating the dependencies and could not get in to Gnome so if anyone wants to update those 2 packages please update the dependencies as well.