Thread: After Upgrade to 15.1 okular displays postscript as text unless you import it as pdf

Default After Upgrade to 15.1 okular displays postscript as text unless you import it as pdf

Very strange, I upgraded my TeX machine from openSUSE-15.0 to openSUSE-15.1 and now okular displays my postscript files as text files unless I manually tell it to import the file as pdf. I could not find a setting for making this happen automatically, does anyone know how to get the old behavior back? (automatically interpreting the postscript when a postscript file is loaded).

Default Re: After Upgrade to 15.1 okular displays postscript as text unless you import it as pdf

Found out what happened in the changelog:

* Thu Jan 31 2019 Luca Beltrame <lbeltrame@kde.org>
    - Split Postscript display functionality in a separate subpackage
    (bsc#1117336, boo#1122797)
    - List files for plugins, generators, and appstream metadata
    in spec explicitly instead of wildcards

After installing "okular-spectre" okular automatically interprets postscript files.

This should probably be done automatically, but I'm happy again.

Blog Entries

Default Re: After Upgrade to 15.1 okular displays postscript as text unless you import it as pdf

Submit your recommendation to https://bugzilla.opensuse.org

TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

Exclamation Re: After Upgrade to 15.1 okular displays postscript as text unless you import it as pdf

Unfortunately, with Leap 15.1 and Okular version 1.6.3, the print preview for PDF files also doesn't work, unless the “okular-spectre” package is installed …

• Curiously, if you open an OpenOffice/LibreOffice Writer (.odt) file with Okular, the Print Preview works, with or without the “okular-spectre” package !!!