Thread: Separate Categories?

Default Separate Categories?

Hello all. I'm wondering if maybe it's time to separate forum categories such that Tumbleweed has it's own (sub) category on the forums. Much time is spent for some time filtering out each support question such that Tumbleweed, 15.0, 15.1 maybe don't always apply when looking for help on the forums. While numbered versions vary only slightly with respect to versions for drivers, compilers, etc. very often it seems Tumbleweed is 'a cut above' due to 'bleeding edge', advanced character of the spin. What does anyone else think? Take Care.
    - - -rob
    Have A Healthy, Prosperous Day! Leap-42.3_x86_64 -- KDE Plasma 5.12.6 / Lenovo M78-ThinkCentre / 12gb / 500gb / Radeon 8570D
    Kernel: linux 4.4.179-99-default x86_64 / Linux User #356732

Blog Entries

Default Re: Separate Categories?

Quote Originally Posted by robhwill View Post
    Hello all. I'm wondering if maybe it's time to separate forum categories such that Tumbleweed has it's own (sub) category on the forums. Much time is spent for some time filtering out each support question such that Tumbleweed, 15.0, 15.1 maybe don't always apply when looking for help on the forums. While numbered versions vary only slightly with respect to versions for drivers, compilers, etc. very often it seems Tumbleweed is 'a cut above' due to 'bleeding edge', advanced character of the spin. What does anyone else think? Take Care.
    - - -rob
    Hi
    Fair comment In the Advanced search you can select the;

https://forums.opensuse.org/search.php?search_type=1

Here you can refine your search and select the openSUSE release with the 'prefix' dropdown, use the control key to select multiple releases and exclude Tumbleweed.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Default Re: Separate Categories?

Wow! That was quick. . .but this community --- and @Malcolm in particular --- =always helpful/informed. I've used 'advanced' search previously, and simply did not notice. I'm lazy because openSUSE works so good
    In any event, thanks. Will have to get that into my forum workflow habits from now on.
    - - - rob
    Have A Healthy, Prosperous Day! Leap-42.3_x86_64 -- KDE Plasma 5.12.6 / Lenovo M78-ThinkCentre / 12gb / 500gb / Radeon 8570D
    Kernel: linux 4.4.179-99-default x86_64 / Linux User #356732