Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sound

Default Re: Sound

I have tried a different SPDIF cable, still no change

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    And could you also let us see more detail as to your underlying audio configuration/setup? You can do that by opening a konsole/xterm and with regular user permissions and PC connected to the internet send this command in the konsole/xterm:
    Code:
    /usr/sbin alsa-info.sh
    Select the share/upload option when prompted, and then let script run to completion. It will upload some aspects of your configuration to the alsa website, and give you a URL/address what was uploaded. Please share here that upload/address and we will look for something in that configuration that may point to the issue.
    Any luck running this to give us more information? ... The information would be useful. I don't know if alsa-info.sh is on the live version but since you are running it, you can give it a try.

If alsa-info.sh is not on the liveCD, then download it and run it. It does not take up much memory. You can download it via:
    Code:
    wget http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-info.sh
    and then run it as noted above with
    Code:
    alsa-info.sh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by littletaff69 View Post
    Be sure to download this file chan-id.zip and unzip it, where it will be called chan-id.wav and then in an xterm or konsole type:
    Code:
    aplay chan-id.wav
    like I suggested. I'm very curious to learn what you get.
    I am on the live version and all I can hear is front left and right.
    I am struggling to understand ... is this from running "aplay chan-id.wav" ? or from previous tests and you decided not to try chan-id.wav? I read the above a half dozen times, and I can not tell.

In the multimedia area of configure desktop I have analogue 5.1 surround and digital stereo IEC958 inpute and within alsamixer with the correct soundcard enable, I also have SPDIF unmuted
    Thankyou.

I don't recall asking you to look in the 'multimedia area of configure desktop'. I never go into that area myself. I never have had to. Makes me wonder if you may have misconfigured anything there having done so.

Pavucontrol shows ALL channels
    I do not know that that means. I see nothing like that in my pavucontrol. I appreciate you want to keep your answers short ... but I wanted to know the specific selection ... Look at what I have in the configuration tab of pavucontrol:

... no where is there an "ALL channel" selection.

I appreciate these answers are intuitively obvious to you - but sadly, they are not to me if I am to help. Sorry.
    Last edited by oldcpu; 12-Sep-2019 at 07:57.

Any luck running this to give us more information? ... The information would be useful. I don't know if alsa-info.sh is on the live version but since you are running it, you can give it a try.

If alsa-info.sh is not on the liveCD, then download it and run it. It does not take up much memory. You can download it via:
    Code:
    wget http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-info.sh
    and then run it as noted above with
    Code:
    alsa-info.sh
    Sorry for the delay I had issues with with graphic corruption which has now been solved. As requested the output of alsa-info.sh:

http://alsa-project.org/db/?f=ad00d2...8bff582bb95af4

I am hoping that it can be of use as I would love to get this card working.

I must have had my stupid head on as it is solved. A simple solve at that. I started playing a game, Dying Light, and all the necessary lights came for surround sound. But, when I do the surround sound test in System Settings/ Multimedia etc I only get stereo

Blog Entries

I must have had my stupid head on as it is solved. A simple solve at that. I started playing a game, Dying Light, and all the necessary lights came for surround sound. But, when I do the surround sound test in System Settings/ Multimedia etc I only get stereo
    Sorry I was slow getting back to you ... I've been ill past day or so - and am still recovering.

Glad you have some success.

Note there are limitations to the openSUSE live-versions ... in particular the Beta versions can have bugs that are only fixed later. I can't say for certain, but I suspect a hardrive installation of 15.1 with the latest updates would likely perform better than a 15.1 beta live version.

Sorry I was slow getting back to you ... I've been ill past day or so - and am still recovering.

Glad you have some success.

Note there are limitations to the openSUSE live-versions ... in particular the Beta versions can have bugs that are only fixed later. I can't say for certain, but I suspect a hardrive installation of 15.1 with the latest updates would likely perform better than a 15.1 beta live version.
    No problem I hope that you will get better soon.

I have installed it, for now. I am prone to switching when I am not happy or when something just does not work.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123