Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: cnf is not working

  1. #1

    Default cnf is not working

    Is there any problem with new Tumbleweed using cnf command ?
    shahram@EWS:~> cnf cnf
    cnf: searching ... shahram@EWS:~>

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    12,616
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: cnf is not working

    It seems to be working here.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;
    testing Leap 15.2Alpha

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    1,690

    Default Re: cnf is not working

    My googlefu struck out try to find out how cnf works. Does it depend on a database that might not yet have been built since TW was installed?
    Reg. Linux User #211409 *** multibooting since 1992
    Primary: 42.3,TW,15.0 & 13.1 on Haswell w/ RAID
    Secondary: eComStation (OS/2)&42.3 on 965P/Radeon
    Tertiary: TW,15.0,42.3,Fedora,Debian,more on Kaby Lake,Q45,Q43,G41,G3X,965G,Cedar,Caicos,Oland,GT218&&&

  4. #4

    Default Re: cnf is not working

    Quote Originally Posted by mrmazda View Post
    My googlefu struck out try to find out how cnf works. Does it depend on a database that might not yet have been built since TW was installed?
    It might be the reason, but could not find it!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, Ca, USA
    Posts
    11,273
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: cnf is not working

    Code:
     cnf cnf                     
    Program 'cnf' is present in package 'command-not-found', which is installed on your system.
    
    
    Absolute path to 'cnf' is '/usr/bin/cnf'. Please check your $PATH variable to see whether it contains the mentioned path.
    Somehow you could be missing that package.
    Is your openSUSE install from a fairly standard source or is it a kind of JeOS?

    HTH,
    TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

  6. #6

    Default Re: cnf is not working

    Quote Originally Posted by tsu2 View Post
    Code:
     cnf cnf                     
    Program 'cnf' is present in package 'command-not-found', which is installed on your system.
    
    
    Absolute path to 'cnf' is '/usr/bin/cnf'. Please check your $PATH variable to see whether it contains the mentioned path.
    Somehow you could be missing that package.
    Is your openSUSE install from a fairly standard source or is it a kind of JeOS?

    HTH,
    TSU
    It is full Tumbleweed not JeOS.
    I have installed many packages and have a feeling that some sort of mismatching occurred.
    shahram@EWS:~> zypper info cnf
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...


    package 'cnf' not found.
    shahram@EWS:~>

    Also see the result of this command:
    shahram@EWS:~> zypper info command-not-found
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...


    Information for package command-not-found:
    ------------------------------------------
    Repository : Main Repository (OSS)
    Name : command-not-found
    Version : 0.2.1+20181004.20a0aae-1.2
    Arch : noarch
    Vendor : openSUSE
    Installed Size : 106.5 KiB
    Installed : Yes
    Status : up-to-date
    Source package : scout-0.2.1+20181004.20a0aae-1.2.src
    Summary : Command Not Found extension for shell
    Description :
    The "command not found" message is not very helpful. If e.g. the unzip
    command is not found but it's available in a package, it would be very
    interesting if the system could tell that the command is currently not
    available, but installing a package would provide it.

    shahram@EWS:~>

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,822
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: cnf is not working

    Quote Originally Posted by neocurve View Post
    It is full Tumbleweed not JeOS.
    I have installed many packages and have a feeling that some sort of mismatching occurred.


    Also see the result of this command:
    Hi
    Perhaps as indicated in the output, check $PATH and see if the which command works....

    Code:
    which cnf
    
    /usr/bin/cnf
    
    echo $PATH
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  8. #8

    Default Re: cnf is not working

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Perhaps as indicated in the output, check $PATH and see if the which command works....

    Code:
    which cnf
    
    /usr/bin/cnf
    
    echo $PATH
    The output:
    shahram@EWS:~> which cnf
    /usr/bin/cnf
    shahram@EWS:~> echo $PATH
    /home/shahram/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/lib/mit/bin:/snap/bin

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, Ca, USA
    Posts
    11,273
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: cnf is not working

    The path to your User home directory appears to be causing problems.

    Instead, elevate your console and then run "cnf"

    Don't know what the problem may be on your system though...
    I can't replicate your problem on a TW.

    TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, Ca, USA
    Posts
    11,273
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: cnf is not working

    Quote Originally Posted by tsu2 View Post
    The path to your User home directory appears to be causing problems.

    Instead, elevate your console and then run "cnf"

    Don't know what the problem may be on your system though...
    I can't replicate your problem on a TW.

    TSU
    Noticed your other post about Anaconda installed, that may be what altered your $PATH.

    TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •