Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Missing kmail options?

Default Missing kmail options?

I'm running an up-to-date tumbleweed--kde plasma 5.15.4, frameworks 5.56, Qt5.12.2, kernel 5.07. For some time now I've noticed that when I right click on an address in an email I've received I can no longer select "add to address book" or "copy email address." Those options aren't listed in the menu that opens when you right click the address. What happened to them? They used to be present in previous versions of Kmail.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Missing kmail options?

I don't see this issue. Dupped today to 20190411 and the links are all there.
    Was 'zypper dup' used?
    Any locked packages that could be related?

On a side note though: I use postgresql as akonadi's database.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Quote Originally Posted by gannicus View Post
    I'm running an up-to-date tumbleweed--kde plasma 5.15.4, frameworks 5.56, Qt5.12.2, kernel 5.07. For some time now I've noticed that when I right click on an address in an email I've received I can no longer select "add to address book" or "copy email address." Those options aren't listed in the menu that opens when you right click the address. What happened to them? They used to be present in previous versions of Kmail.
    Code:
    Operating System: openSUSE Tumbleweed 20190411
    KDE Plasma Version: 5.15.4
    KDE Frameworks Version: 5.56.0
    Qt Version: 5.12.2
    Kernel Version: 5.0.7-1-default
    OS Type: 64-bit
    Processors: 8 × Intel® Core™ i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
    Memory: 31,1 GiB
    Kmail default installation. All options are listed in the menu.
    AMD Athlon 4850e (2009), openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4, Intel i3-4130 (2014), i7-6700K (2016), i5-8250U (2018), openSUSE Tumbleweed, KDE Plasma 5

Thanks for the reply.

Was 'zypper dup' used?
    Any locked packages that could be related?
    I only use 'zypper dup.' And I checked for package locks with:

Code:
    zypper ll

There are no package locks defined.
    On a side note though: I use postgresql as akonadi's database.
    Any guidelines for checking which database akonadi uses? I'm generally baffled by akonadi.

Kmail default installation. All options are listed in the menu.
    I wonder what's going on with my setup? Those options used to be there then one day they were gone. I assumed a zypper dup would fix the problem but it hasn't.

I wonder what's going on with my setup? Those options used to be there then one day they were gone. I assumed a zypper dup would fix the problem but it hasn't.
    Anything can happen. You may try to find out what happened.

• Does it occur with a new user?
    • Did you try forced reinstall of kmail?
    • Do you use nonstandard repos?
    AMD Athlon 4850e (2009), openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4, Intel i3-4130 (2014), i7-6700K (2016), i5-8250U (2018), openSUSE Tumbleweed, KDE Plasma 5

Does it occur with a new user?

Did you try forced reinstall of kmail?

Do you use nonstandard repos?
    Thanks for the suggestions. I had tried forced reinstalls of both kontact and kmail but that didn't help. I don't use any non-standard repos.
    BUT, when I created a new user the problem disappeared--the missing menu items are there for the new user. And with the new user I also don't get the "korganizer daemon closed" message. So thanks for that tip--I should have thought of it. What can I do now to get the functionality back for my normal user account?

Thanks for the suggestions. I had tried forced reinstalls of both kontact and kmail but that didn't help. I don't use any non-standard repos.
    BUT, when I created a new user the problem disappeared--the missing menu items are there for the new user. And with the new user I also don't get the "korganizer daemon closed" message. So thanks for that tip--I should have thought of it. What can I do now to get the functionality back for my normal user account?
    Could be caused by corrupt entry in ~/.cache. One of the accounts has some 5.000 directories and 100.000 files. Thus I think the fastest procedure is logging out from the user session and delete ~/.cache entirely.

I deleted .cache but unfortunately the problem persists--the missing kmail options are still missing, and korganizer daemon still closes.

I deleted .cache but unfortunately the problem persists--the missing kmail options are still missing, and korganizer daemon still closes.
    Could also be caused by a defective configuration file.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast