Thread: KDE UI looks bad and missing scrollbars on some Desktop Settings KCM modules ...

Default KDE UI looks bad and missing scrollbars on some Desktop Settings KCM modules ...

On some of the (KDE) Desktop Settings KCM modules the UI looks very odd and/or has missing scrollbars.

Here for example is System Settings -> Desktop Behaviour -> Desktops Effects missing it's vertical scrollbar

http://paste.opensuse.org/view/raw/b1fa293a

This it seems is due to a missing "qqc2-desktop-style", which is currently not a dependency.

Code:
    paul@Orion-15:~$ rpm -q --whatrequires qqc2-desktop-style
    no package requires qqc2-desktop-style
    paul@Orion-15:~$ rpm -q --whatrecommends qqc2-desktop-style
    no package recommends qqc2-desktop-style
    paul@Orion-15:~$
    It should be fixed in the Plasma 5.16 release, but prior to that you may wish to install the package.

https://cgit.kde.org/plasma-desktop....ef22ce7fcdcfa1
    Regards, Paul

2x Tumbleweed (Snapshot: 20191014) KDE Plasma 5
    2x Leap 15.1 KDE Plasma 5

Blog Entries

Default Re: KDE UI looks bad and missing scrollbars on some Desktop Settings KCM modules ...

Okay, I am currently looking at that screen (Desktop Effects settings).

There's a blurry smudge mark at the right edge. If I move my mouse over that smudge mark, it turns into a vertical scroll bar. But maybe that depends on graphic driver.

I'll note that vertical scrolling with the mouse wheel is fine.

All of this is in a VM. I have not checked on real hardware yet.

I will probably wait for the fix to show up. I mostly use Leap 15.0 anyway.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;
    testing Leap 15.2Alpha

Default Re: KDE UI looks bad and missing scrollbars on some Desktop Settings KCM modules ...

I wasn't seeing the scrollbar on mouse-over, it did however appear whilst scrolling with the mouse wheel...

The missing package, "qqc2-desktop-style", is in the standard OSS repository, it's just that it's not installed as plasma didn't have it marked as a dependency.
    Regards, Paul

2x Tumbleweed (Snapshot: 20191014) KDE Plasma 5
    2x Leap 15.1 KDE Plasma 5

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tannington View Post
    The missing package, "qqc2-desktop-style", is in the standard OSS repository, it's just that it's not installed as plasma didn't have it marked as a dependency.
    Checking that VM where I saw a blurry smudge -- it turns out that "qqc2-desktop-style" is already installed there. It was probably pulled in as a recommend. If I tell Yast to remove it, then it does not popup a conflict. So it isn't there as a dependency.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;
    testing Leap 15.2Alpha