Thread: How to install my favorite OCR app

Default How to install my favorite OCR app

Just installed TumbleWeed with the Cinnamon DE. Last OS was about a year with Fedora, years of Kubuntu before that.

I like the OCR app LIOS (https://gitlab.com/Nalin-x-Linux/lios-3/). I have the app & some of its dependencies installed, but I'm stuck on
    Code:
    gir1.2-gst-plugins-base-1.0
    gir1.2-gstreamer-1.0
    I searched software.opensuse.org & pkgs.org but can't find OpenSUSE versions of these

If I try to run LiOS now, I get

Code:
    /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lios/ui/gtk/text_view.py:21: PyGIWarning: Gtk was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('Gtk', '3.0') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
      from gi.repository import Gtk
    /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lios/ui/gtk/print_dialog.py:23: PyGIWarning: PangoCairo was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('PangoCairo', '1.0') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
      from gi.repository import PangoCairo
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/local/bin/lios", line 3, in <module>
        from lios.main import *
      File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lios/main.py", line 27, in <module>
        from lios import scanner, editor, imageview, cam, ocr, preferences, speech, train_tesseract
      File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lios/cam.py", line 19, in <module>
        from gi.repository import GdkX11, GstVideo
      File "/usr/lib64/python3.7/site-packages/gi/importer.py", line 133, in load_module
        'introspection typelib not found' % namespace)
    ImportError: cannot import name GstVideo, introspection typelib not found
    Last edited by tux_peng; 29-Mar-2019 at 11:54. Reason: typo

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to install my favorite OCR app

Quote Originally Posted by tux_peng View Post
    Just installed TumbleWeed with the Cinnamon DE. Last OS was about a year with Fedora, years of Kubuntu before that.

I like the OCR app LIOS (https://gitlab.com/Nalin-x-Linux/lios-3/). I have the app & some of its dependencies installed, but I'm stuck on
    Code:
    gir1.2-gst-plugins-base-1.0
    gir1.2-gstreamer-1.0
    I searched software.opensuse.org & pkgs.org but can't find OpenSUSE versions of these

If I try to run LiOS now, I get

Code:
    /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lios/ui/gtk/text_view.py:21: PyGIWarning: Gtk was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('Gtk', '3.0') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
    /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lios/ui/gtk/print_dialog.py:23: PyGIWarning: PangoCairo was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('PangoCairo', '1.0') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
      File "/usr/local/bin/lios", line 3, in <module>
        from lios.main import *
      File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lios/main.py", line 27, in <module>
        from lios import scanner, editor, imageview, cam, ocr, preferences, speech, train_tesseract
      File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lios/cam.py", line 19, in <module>
      File "/usr/lib64/python3.7/site-packages/gi/importer.py", line 133, in load_module
        'introspection typelib not found' % namespace)
    ImportError: cannot import name GstVideo, introspection typelib not found
    Hi
    Typelib is the critical error info...

Code:
    typelib-1_0-GstVideo-1_0
    Use zypper se typelib to see other missing ones....
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Thanks, my dependencies now read
    Code:
    python3, python3-sane, python3-speechd, tesseract-ocr, imagemagick, cuneiform, espeak, poppler-tools, python3-pyenchant,  aspell-en,
    Code:
     typelib-1_0-GstVideo-1_0
    I still get an error, so I might just not be able to run it
    Code:
    /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lios/cam.py:19: PyGIWarning: GstVideo was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('GstVideo', '1.0') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
    /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lios/ui/gtk/terminal.py:21: PyGIWarning: Vte was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('Vte', '2.91') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
      from gi.repository import Gtk, GObject, Vte

(lios:5002): Gtk-WARNING **: 15:03:44.917: Cannot connect attribute 'text' for cell renderer class 'lios+ui+gtk+tree_view+CellRendererToggle' since attribute does not exist
      File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lios/main.py", line 1346, in make_preferences_effective
        self.dict = dictionary.Dict(dictionary.dictionary_language_dict[languages[self.preferences.language]])
      File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lios/dictionary.py", line 48, in __init__
        super(Dict,self).__init__(language)
      File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/enchant/__init__.py", line 562, in __init__
        _EnchantObject.__init__(self)
      File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/enchant/__init__.py", line 168, in __init__
        self._init_this()
      File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/enchant/__init__.py", line 569, in _init_this
        this = self._broker._request_dict_data(self.tag)
      File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/enchant/__init__.py", line 310, in _request_dict_data
        self._raise_error(eStr % (tag,),DictNotFoundError)
      File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/enchant/__init__.py", line 258, in _raise_error
        raise eclass(default)
    enchant.errors.DictNotFoundError: Dictionary for language 'en' could not be found

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/bin/lios", line 8, in <module>
        linux_intelligent_ocr_solution()
      File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lios/main.py", line 344, in __init__
        self.make_preferences_effective()
      File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lios/main.py", line 1348, in make_preferences_effective
        self.dict = dictionary.Dict("en")
      File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lios/dictionary.py", line 48, in __init__
      File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/enchant/__init__.py", line 562, in __init__
      File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/enchant/__init__.py", line 168, in __init__
        self._init_this()
      File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/enchant/__init__.py", line 569, in _init_this
      File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/enchant/__init__.py", line 310, in _request_dict_data
      File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/enchant/__init__.py", line 258, in _raise_error
        raise eclass(default)
    enchant.errors.DictNotFoundError: Dictionary for language 'en' could not be found

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tux_peng View Post
    Thanks, my dependencies now read
    Code:
    python3, python3-sane, python3-speechd, tesseract-ocr, imagemagick, cuneiform, espeak, poppler-tools, python3-pyenchant,  aspell-en,
    Code:
     typelib-1_0-GstVideo-1_0
    I still get an error, so I might just not be able to run it
    Code:
    /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lios/cam.py:19: PyGIWarning: GstVideo was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('GstVideo', '1.0') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
    /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lios/ui/gtk/terminal.py:21: PyGIWarning: Vte was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('Vte', '2.91') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
      from gi.repository import Gtk, GObject, Vte

(lios:5002): Gtk-WARNING **: 15:03:44.917: Cannot connect attribute 'text' for cell renderer class 'lios+ui+gtk+tree_view+CellRendererToggle' since attribute does not exist
      File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lios/main.py", line 1346, in make_preferences_effective
        self.dict = dictionary.Dict(dictionary.dictionary_language_dict[languages[self.preferences.language]])
        self._init_this()
        raise eclass(default)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/bin/lios", line 8, in <module>
        linux_intelligent_ocr_solution()
      File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lios/main.py", line 344, in __init__
        self.make_preferences_effective()
      File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lios/main.py", line 1348, in make_preferences_effective
        self.dict = dictionary.Dict("en")
        self._init_this()
        raise eclass(default)
    Hi
    You also need the Vte typelib.

Yes it appears pyenchant is now unmaintained and doesn't work with python3.7....
    https://github.com/rfk/pyenchant

Code:
    Python 3.7.2 (default, Dec 30 2018, 16:18:15) [GCC] on linux
    Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
    >>> import enchant
    >>> print("The dict is", enchant.list_languages())
    The dict is ['fi']
    >>> d = enchant.Dict('en_US')
      File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
        self._init_this()
        raise eclass(default)
    enchant.errors.DictNotFoundError: Dictionary for language 'en_US' could not be found
    I would suggest a bug report for the openSUSE build of python-enchant...
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...thon-pyenchant

openSUSE:Submitting bug reports - openSUSE
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!