Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KMail/ Gmail integration

Default KMail/ Gmail integration

TW 20190322 Plasma 5.15.3 Qt 5.12.2 kernel 5.0.2-1 64-bit sasl2-kdexoauth2 18.2.3-1.1

Unable to get KMail to integrate with Gmail (IMAP) Have tried both Gmail Authentication and PLAIN Authentication. Using KWallet and KGpg. Kmail reports "Server is not available". Gmail is configured to allow less secure apps and KMail/Gmail works with another 32-bit TW distro that I have (with occasional hiccups). Have tried clearing Akonadi database and reloading accounts but no change. KOrganizer and Kontacts work OK.
    HP 15-db0009ng AMD Ryzen5 2500U, 8Gb RAM, 128Gb SSD/1Tb HDD UEFI dual boot openSUSE TW / Windows 10, English/Deutsch

Blog Entries

Default Re: KMail/ Gmail integration

Have you gone into the Gmail account's settings and authorized IMAP clients?
    To do this, you might not be able to do this with the User's account, you have to find out what account is authorized to be the Admin.

TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

If you mean enabling Third-party access through Google - Akonadi Resources for Google services are allowed access along with KDE KAccounts Provider.
    As stated this all works with a different TW 32-bit installation so I think something is broken in the TW 64-bit distro stream.
    HP 15-db0009ng AMD Ryzen5 2500U, 8Gb RAM, 128Gb SSD/1Tb HDD UEFI dual boot openSUSE TW / Windows 10, English/Deutsch

Blog Entries

I haven't set up Akonadi so don't know if it's different...

IIRC when I set up IMAP (less frequently POP), I have to specify the protocol (IMAP) and not the email client or service.
    After that, you should only need to configure in your email client Google Servers correctly (be sure they're TLS encrypted ports) and working Google credentials.

TSU
    Learn something new?
    Post and Share!

Question Re: KMail/ Gmail integration

@bwl:

Did you follow the following KDE KMail “How-To”? – <https://userbase.kde.org/Working_with_GMail>.

Quote Originally Posted by dcurtisfra View Post
    @bwl:

Did you follow the following KDE KMail “How-To”? – <https://userbase.kde.org/Working_with_GMail>.
    Yep followed that. As stated I have another 32-bit TW system with which KMail and Gmail work with some tolerable problems, so this is not my first rodeo with KMail. I understand it can be problematic sometimes. I'm looking for an answer as to: Is there an outstanding bug on the TW 64-bit stream?

akonadiconsole logging reports:

akonadi_control.error

Code:
    Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
    Anyone got a workaround?

Quote Originally Posted by bwl View Post
    akonadi_control.error
    Code:
    Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
    That's a “Feature” – not an error.
    • It's only an information for the developers that they're using a “will be removed in the future” signal which has been replaced by another method.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bwl View Post
    Yep followed that. As stated I have another 32-bit TW system with which KMail and Gmail work with some tolerable problems, so this is not my first rodeo with KMail. I understand it can be problematic sometimes. I'm looking for an answer as to: Is there an outstanding bug on the TW 64-bit stream?
    Clarifying,
    Those other systems are currently working with the same Gmail account you're setting up on this TW, or is the Gmail accounts for those other systems different?

TSU
    Learn something new?
    Post and Share!

Quote Originally Posted by tsu2 View Post
    Clarifying,
    Those other systems are currently working with the same Gmail account you're setting up on this TW, or is the Gmail accounts for those other systems different?

TSU
    Same Gmail account(s) confirmed. What logs can I provide to help?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast