Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it possible to upgrade from 32 bit Tumbleweed to 64 bit LEAP 15.1?

Default Re: Is it possible to upgrade from 32 bit Tumbleweed to 64 bit LEAP 15.1?

Normally there is nothing in in /root that you need. Unless you have made some sort of special use of it.. Normally it just holds default settings of the root account like your home holds setting of your own account..

Default Re: Is it possible to upgrade from 32 bit Tumbleweed to 64 bit LEAP 15.1?

Quote Originally Posted by gogalthorp View Post
    Normally there is nothing in in /root that you need. Unless you have made some sort of special use of it.. Normally it just holds default settings of the root account like your home holds setting of your own account..
    What about browser bookmarks and passwords?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shmuelmetz View Post
    What about browser bookmarks and passwords?
    If you logon to a desktop as root, the configs and data land in /root. But don't do that.
    Being logged in as your user puts the configs and data in your homedir.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Browser stuff is in YOUR home not root. Unless you log in as root to a GUI which is a very very bad idea. Don't do that!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gogalthorp View Post
    Browser stuff is in YOUR home not root. Unless you log in as root to a GUI which is a very very bad idea. Don't do that!!!!
    I use the browser in both my userid and in root, so I have browser stuff in both /root and /home/~foo. Is there anything in /root that I should not retain?

BTW, what's wrong with running, e.g., yast in a GUI? I understand about running bread and butter work elsewhere.

Henk van Velden

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12