Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: YAST MULTILINGUALISM

Default Re: YAST MULTILINGUALISM

Quote Originally Posted by jc_anker View Post
    I think your conclusion is wrong. With en_GB as primary language setting, I get a mix of languages. However, take a look at the comments for your Control Centre entities, they have language that is gibberish: What are the translations for 'zone,date,and', 'cards,hostname', and 'RAID,LVM,and', these three words are not in any dictionary, I suppose. Or - in other words - is a piece of software for text interpretation having to dealing with a that is being used as a thousands separator, a decimal comma, a literal comma and potentially other things, capable of interpreting the word 'zone,date,and' correctly? My conclusion would be that there may be more than one reason for the YaST behaviour.

Sorry!
    Jan Christian
    Try the following command in a root shell: LANG=en_GB yast2 All text is English, isn't it?
    AMD Athlon 4850e (2009), openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4, Intel i3-4130 (2014), i7-6700K (2016), i5-8250U (2018), openSUSE Tumbleweed, KDE Plasma 5

Hello again,
    I am using the BlueFish editor, my preferred language is en_GB. Now, incidentally, I discover that the menus in BlueFish are in a mix of English and Norwegian. Any comments?

Hopefully, you will have a nice weekend, in any case, i wish you one!
    My weekend is now ruined.
    Jan Christian

Quote Originally Posted by karlmistelberger View Post
    Try the following command in a root shell: LANG=en_GB yast2 All text is English, isn't it?
    I have LANG=en_GB as my primary language, and I need having German and my secondary languages. My language setup is through YaST. And in BlueFish i get virtually all menu text in English, but at least one text in Norwegian.

Jan Christian

openSUSE Bug #1129549 has been raised …

Quote Originally Posted by jc_anker View Post
    I have LANG=en_GB as my primary language, and I need having German and my secondary languages. My language setup is through YaST. And in BlueFish i get virtually all menu text in English, but at least one text in Norwegian.

Jan Christian
    Most applications are sensitive to both LANG and LANGUAGE. To find out what you get run the command: LANG=en_GB LANGUAGE=de bluefish If the result is what you want to have specify those values in the appropriate global and user settings already discussed above. Just in case GUI utilities fail to make appropriate changes, you can modify the files using a text editor.
    AMD Athlon 4850e (2009), openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4, Intel i3-4130 (2014), i7-6700K (2016), i5-8250U (2018), openSUSE Tumbleweed, KDE Plasma 5

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123