Location of a 'user' installed xxxxxxx.tar.xz tarball

Where would something like this go so BleachBit will pick it up as part of it’s clean routine. It is a chromium variation web browser.
slimjet_amd64-19.0.3.0.tar.xz
I don’t know the terms, but it does not have the usual install script that I have seen with other tarballs that puts things where they belong.

It has what the provider calls a ‘wrapper’ that is to be ran by the user and errors out if ran with root privilege, but after I ran it it asked for root permission(1-su, or 2-sudo).
I extracted to my Home directory, ran the wrapper, so it resides in my Home directory and it works fine, but apparently BleachBit will not find it there.

Where is something like this supposed to go in the system directories, so that things that need to find in can.
I assume as a user installed tarball, it needs to be in a place that the user has access privileges.

OK, I don’t like chromium, I don’t like Chrome. Neither of which is very secure IMO. So I ‘Bring My Own’.

I don’t know the answer. And I don’t use BleachBit.

However, I would guess that the part that needs cleaning is mostly under “.cache” and perhaps “.config”. And I would guess that BleachBit already knows about those places. So where you unpack the tarball probably doesn’t matter.

Hi
You should be able to open the ‘wrapper’ script and see where the files are being installed…

Not sure about your last comment, suffice to say I would rather be able to inspect the code, or know that there are many more eyes on the code I prefer to use… bringing your own third party ‘closed source’ application which has the potential to have anything running… doesn’t bode well for the security side IMHO :wink:

Hmmm a couple of examples…