Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multiple Problems Working With Leap 15: Desktop; Gnome-shell-extensions; Firefox

Blog Entries

Default Re: Multiple Problems Working With Leap 15: Desktop; Gnome-shell-extensions; Firefox

Quote Originally Posted by peteh100 View Post
    As far as I know 42.3 was supposed to end in Jan 2019 but was extended to some time in June. Whether it's picked up by the community as an 'evergreen' or whatever I don't know.
    Hi
    That sounds about right for the timeline...

@rsp2, did you try creating a test user and login as that user? If you get to Leap 15.n I think you will find a smoother migration between releases going forward.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Default Re: Multiple Problems Working With Leap 15: Desktop; Gnome-shell-extensions; Firefox

Hi Pete,

Thanks a lot for your reply.
    Then, should one go for Leap 15 or Tumbleweed? Which, of the two, is likely to be better for a person using computer for writing?

Regards,

RSP

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rsp2 View Post
    Then, should one go for Leap 15 or Tumbleweed? Which, of the two, is likely to be better for a person using computer for writing?
    I would suggest Leap 15, because of its greater stability.

Tumbleweed is actually pretty good, too. But I still suggest Leap 15 for what your needs.

In perspective -- I use Leap 15 for most of my normal computer use. But I do have Tumbleweed available for testing stuff.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;

Hi Nickert,

Thanks for your quick response. Shall keep in mind when the time comes to discard Leap 42.3. Meanwhile, I shall wait for the 'community' to take a decision.

Regards,

RSP2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12