Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: zypper segfaulting

Default Re: zypper segfaulting

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    I was doing a dup the other day and one package was apparently not up to date and it said do this:
    Code:
    sudo zypper refresh --force
    Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's a different problem from the one that was causing segfault.

That one happens occasionally, when a repo mirror is not fully up-to-date at the time that you start an update.
    Oh thanks. That is a good command to know though.
    Intel Core i7-4770K, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti, Mobo: ASUSTeK, model: Z87-K, Mem: 16GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Series, HD: Western Digital 1TB SSD, OCZ 500GB SSD, 2 Toshiba 2TB SATA HD

Ugh, this was a nasty one. Had 940 packages to upgrade and kept segfaulting after downloading a few. Glad I found this thread and
    Code:
    zypper in libcurl4
    fixed it up. Was going to take ages to fix by just running dup over and over.

I know some people will still be experiencing this as not everyone has updated to certain snapshots yet but .... I updated (I think using the "download a little, then re dup, then redup again" method to get all the packages) to the March 10th snapshot and just booted the TW install today and dup'ed again ... NO PROBLEMS at all ... this issues has been fixed as of the March 10th snapshot, if you ask me... and yes i had seen a libcurl update which is what i am sure it was.

I had/have another thread here related to (during March 01 to March 07 2019) related to my installer just crashing for no reason (the y2*.log ... i forgot the exact name)did show a libcurl error .... and i never saw a specific error but the live DVD installer (the 4.x GB ISO) would crash too .... I am 99.999% it was all due to the same libcurl issue

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xmetal View Post
    I had/have another thread here related to (during March 01 to March 07 2019) related to my installer just crashing for no reason (the y2*.log ... i forgot the exact name)did show a libcurl error .... and i never saw a specific error but the live DVD installer (the 4.x GB ISO) would crash too .... I am 99.999% it was all due to the same libcurl issue
    Yes, that's entirely possible. I have heard of other people having install problems due to this.

I just updated a system today -- previously at 20190301 level. And it segfaulted during update.

After the first segfault, I did:
    Code:
    zypper update libcurl4
    The I resumed the interrupted "zypper dup" with no further problems.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;

I went through the updates and it failed when it got to a GIMP file. It could not find it on the repo. So, I just let it go over night.

Then yesterday I did a dup and it finished up fairly quickly and never got another error. It said to reboot for some process, plus that kernel.
    Code:
    cavsfan@openSUSE:~> uname -r
    5.0.1-1-default
    Code:
    Information for package libcurl4:
    ---------------------------------
    Repository     : openSUSE-Tumbleweed-Update             
    Name           : libcurl4                               
    Version        : 7.64.0-3.1                             
    Arch           : x86_64                                 
    Vendor         : openSUSE                               
    Installed Size : 646.1 KiB                              
    Installed      : Yes (automatically)                    
    Status         : up-to-date                             
    Source package : curl-7.64.0-3.1.src                    
    Summary        : Library for transferring data from URLs
    Description    :                                        
        The cURL shared library for accessing data using different
        network protocols.
    Intel Core i7-4770K, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti, Mobo: ASUSTeK, model: Z87-K, Mem: 16GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Series, HD: Western Digital 1TB SSD, OCZ 500GB SSD, 2 Toshiba 2TB SATA HD

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345