Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One last thing !

Default Re: One last thing !

Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    I wasn't aware you were trying to use 'xinput --map-to-output' option, and not aware of the impact that it has with respect to the "libinput Calibration Matrix" configuration. I'm not sure what else to advise here, except to raise a bug report perhaps. Perhaps the OpenBoard developers can advise further about this?
    As far as I can see it's not OpenBoard. Doing the xinput --map thing seems to invoke some defaults.
    If you don't do the input --map thing when you touch the smartboard the mouse moves on the primary screen. You need to tell it where the touch is coming from
    Interestingly I found a python script that calculates the whole thing it even includes how the current matrix is wrong. Adding that to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ just gets
    overwritten as soon as you do the xinput --map thing which you have to do last !!

Best wishes

Mal

Blog Entries

Default Re: One last thing !

Quote Originally Posted by interele View Post
    As far as I can see it's not OpenBoard. Doing the xinput --map thing seems to invoke some defaults.
    Yes, I got that. My thinking was that the OpenBoard developers could incorporate the device handling with xinput command for mapping, and calibration handled at a user (application) level.

If you don't do the input --map thing when you touch the smartboard the mouse moves on the primary screen. You need to tell it where the touch is coming from
    I hadn't thought about that - I was assuming the smartboard was the only screen involved. As I mentioned already, I don't have any direct experience with using these.

Interestingly I found a python script that calculates the whole thing it even includes how the current matrix is wrong. Adding that to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ just gets
    overwritten as soon as you do the xinput --map thing which you have to do last !!
    Yes, it's a shame that mapping can't be incorporated into the xorg configuration file, which is why I suggest a bug report or feature request to support your use case.
    openSUSE Leap 15.0; KDE Plasma 5

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123