Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: No Wifi after reinstall of LEAP 15

  1. #21

    Default Re: Wake Up WIFI

    Quote Originally Posted by mike_g View Post
    We have the same issue here after a fresh install. No WIFI Network on taskbar.



    1.Yast>System>Network Settings>Network Setup Method>NetworkManager Service>If properly set, switch to wicked and switch back to NetworkManager.


    This operation triggers the WIFI network on taskbar here. SWITCHING TO WICKED REPRODUCE THE EXACT PROBLEM THAT WE HAVE AFTER A FRESH INSTALL: No WIFI Icon ON Taskbar.


    The same can be done during the fresh install in the Installation Settings Page or Menu>>Network Configuration=Switch from one to the other> Wicked to NetworkManager.


    This method is always working.


    Other way around to wake up the WIFI


    2.Yast>System>services manager:
    3. Network Manager = Start/on boot
    4. systemd-networkd = Start/manually
    5.Apply chages and restart to see if it works.
    Which network card do you use (lspci)? In my case, I have to suspect the specific driver/firmware, as I can get a usb wifi dongle to work. If you could plug in a wifi dongle to see whether it works, it could help to isolate the problem. Maybe the problem is broader and related to pci-based devices.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    mtl.qc.ca
    Posts
    105

    Default Re: Wake Up WIFI

    Quote Originally Posted by boehringers View Post
    Which network card do you use (lspci)? In my case, I have to suspect the specific driver/firmware, as I can get a usb wifi dongle to work. If you could plug in a wifi dongle to see whether it works, it could help to isolate the problem. Maybe the problem is broader and related to pci-based devices.
    Code:
    inxi-N 
    Network:  Device-1:Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet driver:r8169  
    Device-2:Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WiFi adapter driver:rtw_pci 
    Don't have a dongle, but you said in your introduction that is was working before. So, I was trying to see if Yast would wake up the device.


    About a higher Kernel (mainline) or even Tumbleweed?


    Code:
    uname-r 
    5.2.0-rc2-1.gb02c459-default
    Ryzen 2700U FHD Lenovo ThinkPad E585

  3. #23

    Default Re: Wake Up WIFI

    Quote Originally Posted by mike_g View Post
    Don't have a dongle, but you said in your introduction that is was working before. So, I was trying to see if Yast would wake up the device.


    About a higher Kernel (mainline) or even Tumbleweed?
    I tried the Kernel of the day (somwhere > 5.0). Unfortunately, that did not help.
    It is still unclear to me whether you get wifi access at some point at all (I don't). Is your card hard- or softblocked (rfkill list)?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    mtl.qc.ca
    Posts
    105

    Default Re: No Wifi after a Fresh Install of Tumbleweed

    Like I said in post # 34, I'm able to reproduce the bug by switching to <<Wicked>>.

    -When handled by Wicked
    Code:
    sudorfkill list
    0:phy0: Wireless LAN
           Soft blocked: no
           Hard blocked: no
      
    nmclidevice wifi
    Error:NetworkManager is not running.


    -When handled by NetworkManager

    Code:
    sudorfkill list
    0:phy0: Wireless LAN
           Soft blocked: no
           Hard blocked: no

    Code:
    nmcli device
    DEVICE  TYPE      STATE        CONNECTION  
    wlp3s0  wifi      connected    XUY Wifi  
    enp2s0  ethernet  unavailable  --          
    lo      loopback  unmanaged    --  
    


    -Network Settings
    IPV6is Disabled
    SetHostName Via DHCP is set to NO
    Other options are greydout
    DNS is Adguard
    SecureBoot is enabled and CSM is Disabled.

    Another option is to retry the fresh install of Leap. Did you try clicking on Wicked and Switch back to Network Manager?. The highest Kernel is an alternative to try:

    Code:
    su -
    zypper ar -f http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Kernel:/HEAD/standard/ kernel-repo
    zypper dist-upgrade -r kernel-repo

    You seem to have a problem there:

    Code:
    dmesg | grep firmware 
    [4.859152]
    psmouse serio2: trackpoint: Elan TrackPoint firmware:
    0x11, buttons: 3/3 
    [6.081093]
    [drm] Found VCN firmware
    Version: 1.73 Family ID: 18 
    [6.081102]
    [drm] PSP loading VCN firmware
    Ryzen 2700U FHD Lenovo ThinkPad E585

  5. #25

    Default Re: No Wifi after reinstall of LEAP 15

    Real simple after 2 days of smashing my head against a console I tried this and it worked

    https://blog.danielscrivano.com/inst...-usb-adapters/

    Follow all instructions to the letter apart from Substitute apt-get for zypper

    Presto it works

    Cheers

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sauerland
    Posts
    3,797

    Default AW: Re: No Wifi after reinstall of LEAP 15

    Quote Originally Posted by 2neil40 View Post
    Real simple after 2 days of smashing my head against a console I tried this and it worked

    https://blog.danielscrivano.com/inst...-usb-adapters/

    Follow all instructions to the letter apart from Substitute apt-get for zypper

    Presto it works

    Cheers
    Maybe this one:
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...l8812AU_8821AU

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •