Thread: Windows 8 and 10 full shutdown - I have scripts that should stop Win 8/10 partition mount problems

U.S Midwest just West of the Mississippi River

Default Windows 8 and 10 full shutdown - I have scripts that should stop Win 8/10 partition mount problems

I didn't know where to put this,, so moderators put where it will do the most good.

I have xml files and shortcuts to do FULL shutdown and restarts for Windows 8 and Windows 10. I don't think they will work with Windows 7.

Would they be useful? And if so, Can I post them here, and where would be the best place?
    And how do I post that sort of thing?
    Or just better left alone?

Both xml files can be imported into the Win8/10 Task Scheduler, and the shortcuts to call them from there.

They might save someone the trouble of searching for and reading long boring articles about shutting down WIn 8/10 fully.
    HP Compaq desktop Leap15.1 Win10, Win7
    Toshiba laptops Leap15.1 & Win10, HP AiO Win10.
    I can now print with openSuSe Leap! Can Scan now, could be better!!
    I can backup my iPod and iPad with Windows, can't with Linux.(Will get there someday!)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Windows 8 and 10 full shutdown - I have scripts that should stop Win 8/10 partition mount proble

I'd recommend you open a Github account and post them as gists (code snippets).
    Don't know what you have in mind, but various scripts and start/stop/restarting a remote Windows machine by script or command has been around for many, many years... for me, going back to NT4.

TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

U.S Midwest just West of the Mississippi River

Default Re: Windows 8 and 10 full shutdown - I have scripts that should stop Win 8/10 partition mount proble

Quote Originally Posted by tsu2 View Post
    Don't know what you have in mind, but various scripts and start/stop/restarting a remote Windows machine by script or command has been around for many, many years... for me, going back to NT4.
    TSU
    Not intended for remote start/stop/reboot Windows.
    These are .xml files with associated desktop shortcuts that will do a full shutdown or reboot of Win8/10.
    The .xml files are imported into the Win8/10 Task Scheduler, and the shortcuts on the desktop or in the windows menu to do the full shutdown/restart.

I found a way to do that via search, and made the files after I had trouble before no able to mount the Windows partitions/drives on my dual boot system.
    I just thought they might be useful to others that dual boot, and have that mount error problem.
    Bill L
    HP Compaq desktop Leap15.1 Win10, Win7
    Toshiba laptops Leap15.1 & Win10, HP AiO Win10.
    I can now print with openSuSe Leap! Can Scan now, could be better!!
    I can backup my iPod and iPad with Windows, can't with Linux.(Will get there someday!)