Thread: how to choose shortcut to switch throw virtual desktops in plasma 5.14.90

Default how to choose shortcut to switch throw virtual desktops in plasma 5.14.90

I cannot find it in >system settings>desktop behaviour>virtual desktops
    but the tool is present in >system settings>desktop behaviour>activities>switching tab
    where does it is hidden?

Blog Entries

Default Re: how to choose shortcut to switch throw virtual desktops in plasma 5.14.90

Quote Originally Posted by pier_andreit View Post
    On that screen, there should be a "Switching" tab.

That's on Plasma 5.12.6. Maybe it changed for later versions, though it still seems to same with 5.14.5 (on Tumbleweed).
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;

Default Re: how to choose shortcut to switch throw virtual desktops in plasma 5.14.90

Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    On that screen, there should be a "Switching" tab.

That's on Plasma 5.12.6. Maybe it changed for later versions, though it still seems to same with 5.14.5 (on Tumbleweed).
    the same I expected but... https://susepaste.org/view//82541162

instead in activities is present
    https://susepaste.org/view//13222558

Blog Entries

I guess the kde.org folk have decided to move things around. At least you were still able to find it.

Blog Entries

This means you have additional repos and not completely dupped from those repos. Even Tumbleweed doesn't have 5.14.90 ( the 5.15 beta/RC ).
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Question Re: how to choose shortcut to switch throw virtual desktops in plasma 5.14.90

but the tool is present in >system settings>desktop behaviour>activities>switching tab
    where does it is hidden?
    With Plasma version 5.12.6 the default short cuts to switch between Desktops and Activities are defined in “Shortcuts”:
    • In “Global Shortcuts” –
    • Between Desktops in “KWin”:

To Desktop 1: «Ctrl+F1»
    To Desktop 2: «Ctrl+F2»

• Between Activities in “Plasma”:

Switch between Activities: «Meta+Tab» or «Meta+Shift+Tab»
    List all Activities: «Meta+Q»

Have the KDE folks moved them?

Quote Originally Posted by dcurtisfra View Post
    With Plasma version 5.12.6 the default short cuts to switch between Desktops and Activities are defined in “Shortcuts”:
    • In “Global Shortcuts” –
    • Between Desktops in “KWin”:

To Desktop 1: «Ctrl+F1»
    To Desktop 2: «Ctrl+F2»

• Between Activities in “Plasma”:

Switch between Activities: «Meta+Tab» or «Meta+Shift+Tab»
    List all Activities: «Meta+Q»

Have the KDE folks moved them?
    manythanks, they are there, To Desktop 1: «Ctrl+F1» To Desktop 2: «Ctrl+F2» and so on works, and I set "switch one desktop to the left" and "switch one desktop to the right" as I like «Ctrl+shift+arrow left» and «Ctrl+shift+arrow right»

Blog Entries

I have just updated a Tumbleweed system to 20190214. So it is now at Plasma 5.15. And, indeed, they have made it harder to find the desktop switching settings.

Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    I have just updated a Tumbleweed system to 20190214. So it is now at Plasma 5.15. And, indeed, they have made it harder to find the desktop switching settings.
    ....may be it is one step more towards the longed "different widget and wallpaper for each desktop" that is gone
    ...I'm going tu update to 5.15

Blog Entries

....may be it is one step more towards the longed "different widget and wallpaper for each desktop" that is gone
    I took it as an attempt to emulate Gnome.

Gnome has this "wonderful" system whereby once you work out how to configure your desktop to your liking, they move all of the controls around to where you have problems finding them.