Thread: Bluetooth speaker no sound

Default Bluetooth speaker no sound

Hi! I've been searching this for a while and found nothing so I guess it's time to post this here, I've been trying to make my bluetooth speaker work on my PC it paired but it doesn't produce any sound.
    I check it on pavucontrol it's listed there but the in the device preferences it's not there I'm not sure what I'm missing, I'm still new to this, I tried different bluetooth speaker it still the same.

OS & KDE :
    OpenSUSE Leap 42.3
    KDE Plasma 5.8.7

PC:
    Proc: I7-7700k
    Mobo: Asus PRIME Z270-A
    Ram: 16gb

Thanks any response is appreciated.

Default Re: Bluetooth speaker no sound

I searched about your pc specs it doesn't have any wifi card right? And you're using a usb dongle? It happened to me before and my guess is that you're using a none friendly linux usb dongle better check it out first before purchasing sometimes it will only work on windows, I'm using this dongle https://www.thinkpenguin.com/gnu-lin...ux-tpe-n150usb and it perfectly connecting to my two bluetooth speaker jbl and aomais speaker with no problem.

Default Re: Bluetooth speaker no sound

On my system, ThinkPad X-201, Leap 15, to get sound to bluetooth headphones, I have to adjust pavu settings. After pairing, the headphones appear in the Configuration tab profile, along with Built-in Audio. Built-in Audio is set to Analog Stereo Duplex, and the sound comes from the laptop speakers. If I set the Built-in Audio profile to Off, the sound switches to the bluetooth headphones.

It would be nice if the sound switched automatically when the headphones pair, but it does not. Needs a manual change here for bluetooth; switches automatically when wired headphone are plugged in.
    Regards,
    Howard
    ThinkPads 310ED, 600E, T23, X41, X60, T61, X201, E550