Terminal
    Code:
    su -
    https://forums.opensuse.org/showthre...92#post2893792
    ------------------------------------
    Correct me if I'm wrong .

Default Re: Yast oxygen icons missing

You mean changing the display (KDE) settings for the root account? It makes sense, will try that.
    HP Compaq 6730s Notebook
    * Intel Core2 Duo T9600 2.8GHz 1066MHz 6Mb
    * 4Gb DDR2 800MHz
    * Intel Mobile GM45 Express / ICH9M

I also had very small ones, and you did not understand what was installed and what was not, the only way I found to modify them was what I suggested, now I have them, the change is not immediate you have to restart
    Correct me if I'm wrong .

Yast runs under root so it uses themes defined for the root user.

Quote Originally Posted by escaner View Post
    I am using Desktop Theme "Breeze Dark" and Icon Theme "Breeze" in KDE. Tried changing both to Oxygen but there is no change in Yast, not even restarting the session.
    Assuming that, you've all the needed Oxygen(5) packages installed, oxygen5, oxygen5-cursors, oxygen5-decoration, oxygen5-icon-theme, oxygen5-icon-theme-large, oxygen5-lang, oxygen5-sounds, oxygen5-style and yast2-branding-openSUSE-Oxygen, and yast2-branding-openSUSE, after you've set the KDE Plasma Application Style, Icon style and Window decoration to “Oxygen”, logout.
    • Then, via a VT TTY session, either, execute “kbuildsycoca5” or, simply empty the ~/.cache/ directory or, at least remove the following from the ~/.cache/ directory:

ksycoca5*; plasma*; icon*; qt_compose*.
    Then, login to the KDE Plasma session …

Red face Re: Yast oxygen icons missing

Quote Originally Posted by dcurtisfra View Post
    Assuming that, you've all the needed Oxygen(5) packages installed, oxygen5, oxygen5-cursors, oxygen5-decoration, oxygen5-icon-theme, oxygen5-icon-theme-large, oxygen5-lang, oxygen5-sounds, oxygen5-style and yast2-branding-openSUSE-Oxygen, and yast2-branding-openSUSE, after you've set the KDE Plasma Application Style, Icon style and Window decoration to “Oxygen”, logout.
    • Then, via a VT TTY session, either, execute “kbuildsycoca5” or, simply empty the ~/.cache/ directory or, at least remove the following from the ~/.cache/ directory:

ksycoca5*; plasma*; icon*; qt_compose*.
    Then, login to the KDE Plasma session …
    My mistake:
    • For YaST you ned to do this for the user “root” …

dcurtisfra, of course you were right, it is the root settings that we need to change. Strangely, I already had the Oxygen icons selected in my opening post screenshot, but looks like some of them changed recently, and that is what confused me.

I also could get rid of the new icons in the software manager (that made it very difficult to see what is going on there with the packages) into the ones in
    enziosavio's screenshot.

Well, actually I don't know how I managed to trash the Breeze icons by removing all .kde4, .config and other config stuff from the root account home. Some of the icons from Breeze changed and Breeze Dark icon theme disappeared (symlinks were missing) :-? Had to reinstall the corresponding package.
    HP Compaq 6730s Notebook
    * Intel Core2 Duo T9600 2.8GHz 1066MHz 6Mb
    * 4Gb DDR2 800MHz
    * Intel Mobile GM45 Express / ICH9M

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12