Thread: Network Upload / Access

Default Network Upload / Access

If i try to, for example, upload a file to google images, i can't find a way to do it from a network folder. Only for local files.

The problem relies on the open dialog that does not show network places. Even if i try to set the path manually i can't access any network folders.

Am i doing something wrong?

Default Re: Network Upload / Access

How is the network folder mounted? Via Samba? NFS?

Which version of that do you use, and which browser version?

What are the permissions of the mount point? Maybe those are too restrictive?

If you use the URL file:/// (three slashes) with the browser you use to go to Google Images, can you navigate to the files you'd like to upload?

Quote Originally Posted by unix111 View Post
    How is the network folder mounted? Via Samba? NFS?
    Via Samba

Which version of that do you use, and which browser version?

What are the permissions of the mount point? Maybe those are too restrictive?
    It does not happen just with the browser, but with most applications (Firefox, Falkon, Krita, Calligra, etc). However, with Dolphin or Libreoffice i am able to navigate to remote folders read and write with no problem, so i don't believe it's permissions problem.

I have already mentioned this issue to KDE developer Nate ( https://pointieststick.com/2019/01/2.../#comment-3749 )

If you use the URL file:/// (three slashes) with the browser you use to go to Google Images, can you navigate to the files you'd like to upload?
    No, but i might be doing something wrong in this point...

Edit: This also happens on Leap 15

It's a shot in the dark, but can you check if package gvfs-backend-samba is installed? Gtk-based programs like Firefox may need it to resolve file paths beginning with »smb://…«.

(My favorite way is selecting packages for installation in YaST’s software management module — YaST has a way of presenting dependency information that lets me learn about those dependencies incrementally over time.)

Quote Originally Posted by unix111 View Post
    It's a shot in the dark, but can you check if package gvfs-backend-samba is installed? Gtk-based programs like Firefox may need it to resolve file paths beginning with »smb://…«.

(My favorite way is selecting packages for installation in YaST’s software management module — YaST has a way of presenting dependency information that lets me learn about those dependencies incrementally over time.)

Yes it's installed. But anyway, this also happens with QT programs (Krita, falkon, calligra), but works fine in LibreOffice (which is GTK based)...

It's kind of weird...