Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help me play pac man ( the origenal arcade version ) without messing up my desktop resolution

Default Re: Help me play pac man ( the origenal arcade version ) without messing up my desktop resolution

Slightly off topic.

There are two tunes in Phoenix.

One is für Elise by Beethoven, I recognized this instantly.

The other one was allot harder to find, but thanks to a wiki about this game, I also found the second tune.
    I almost lost sleep over this, because it sounded so familiar, but I had no clue on what it was called.

Spanish Romance.
    There is some discussion on who wrote it.

This off course begged for a cover in LMMS. The bell like sound is ZynAddSubFx, which is included in lmms by default.
    Its not an easy zynth to learn, but the sounds in can produce, wow. ( I also added a bit of reverb, but have not done any EQ yet.)
    Its not finished yet, but the first part is in LMMS.

https://soundcloud.com/user586365033/spanish-romance

The original is an guitar piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1reRrgrqm0

So we can abuse Linux not only to play arcade game, but also to make music.

Default Re: Help me play pac man ( the origenal arcade version ) without messing up my desktop resolution

The robotron , two joystick problem is now fixed too. I ordered a Xbox one controller, which is supported in Linux.

I looked up my own topic, because I need to reinstall MAME, this time on Tumbleweed, and remembered I had issues before and asked for help here.

It has a positive site too, that the internet does not forget .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gps2010 View Post
    The robotron , two joystick problem is now fixed too. I ordered a Xbox one controller, which is supported in Linux.

I looked up my own topic, because I need to reinstall MAME, this time on Tumbleweed, and remembered I had issues before and asked for help here.

It has a positive site too, that the internet does not forget .
    Hi
    There is myman, ninvaders etc?
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

I will have to re download the roms or take a hard disk from my old pc, and connect it temporary to my new pc.

Because I have a nice internet connection (100 down 10 up) downloading a fresh version might be the better option.

I just installed MAME and checked for ibutf8proc1 - Library for processing UTF-8 encoded Unicode strings

That file is not there any more, its now called:
    libutf8proc2 - Library for processing UTF-8 encoded Unicode strings

I can share the link when I finished downloading and checked the roms, but do you mean packman and space invaders?

Will probably best to do this through a private message unless you guys say just post the link in this topc?

Right now still have to find it though, but that should not be a problem.

Found a mame 0.197 rom set, will report tomorrow if its working.

I have another fight on my hands.

Yesterday found something on my new pc, lol. I had already copied the roms over from my old pc.

Sadly its not working, nor with these roms nor with the newer rom pack I downloaded.

Started mame from the cli, and it does not give me any errors.

Right now I am lost on why its not working, but never surrender never give up.
    To be continued.....

Blog Entries

I will have to re download the roms or take a hard disk from my old pc, and connect it temporary to my new pc.

Because I have a nice internet connection (100 down 10 up) downloading a fresh version might be the better option.

I just installed MAME and checked for ibutf8proc1 - Library for processing UTF-8 encoded Unicode strings

That file is not there any more, its now called:
    libutf8proc2 - Library for processing UTF-8 encoded Unicode strings

I can share the link when I finished downloading and checked the roms, but do you mean packman and space invaders?

Will probably best to do this through a private message unless you guys say just post the link in this topc?

Right now still have to find it though, but that should not be a problem.
    Hi
    In Tumbleweed;

Code:
    zypper in myman ninvaders
    Open a terminal and play....

Looks like the mame build is broken, needs fixing....

https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...E:Factory/mame

I would suggest start a new thread on this (just link back to this old thread).

LOL, well that at least rules out the problem is at my site. that is a big re-leave.

Thank you.

I am wondering I had mame working will that old version still be availeble?

Because of this topic, I know the version number.

Blog Entries

I am wondering I had mame working will that old version still be availeble?

Because of this topic, I know the version number.
    Hi
    See if can find in the 'history' repositories....
    http://download.opensuse.org/history/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast