Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: trying to install s-tui, but no luck

  1. #1

    Default trying to install s-tui, but no luck

    I'm trying to install s-tui and also followed this guide to install python, etc. However, with zypper in s-tui or s-tui*, nothing cannot be found.
    The downloadable package from github is just the source, which I cannot install in opensuse.

    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sauerland
    Posts
    3,797

    Default AW: trying to install s-tui, but no luck

    There is no s-tui rpm in the Repos you have enabled, so zypper (Yast) will not install the packages.

    You have to install it as shown:
    https://www.2daygeek.com/s-tui-stres...re-frequency/#

  3. #3

    Default Re: AW: trying to install s-tui, but no luck

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauerland View Post
    There is no s-tui rpm in the Repos you have enabled, so zypper (Yast) will not install the packages.

    You have to install it as shown:
    https://www.2daygeek.com/s-tui-stres...re-frequency/#
    I followed these steps and the last thing that worked was:

    Code:
    zypper install python-pip
    python-pip stress is not available. So really I cannot continue as shown, unless I'm missing something.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,302
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: AW: trying to install s-tui, but no luck

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauerland View Post
    There is no s-tui rpm in the Repos you have enabled, so zypper (Yast) will not install the packages.

    You have to install it as shown:
    https://www.2daygeek.com/s-tui-stres...re-frequency/#
    Hi
    There is now

    @ultra99
    Project packages;
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s.../python-stress
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...G/python-s-tui

    Download the two rpms python3-stress and python3-s-tui from the following repo and manually install via zypper;
    https://download.opensuse.org/reposi...leweed/noarch/
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  5. #5

    Default Re: AW: trying to install s-tui, but no luck

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    There is now

    @ultra99
    Project packages;
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s.../python-stress
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...G/python-s-tui

    Download the two rpms python3-stress and python3-s-tui from the following repo and manually install via zypper;
    https://download.opensuse.org/reposi...leweed/noarch/

    Thank you so much, it's working now!!

    btw, under temp i see:

    amdgpu, 0,
    k10temp,0Tdie
    k10temp,1,Tctl

    It's always on amdgpu even if I selected the others. I assume this gives the gpu temp. How can I let it show cpu and gpu temp?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,302
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: AW: trying to install s-tui, but no luck

    Quote Originally Posted by ultra99 View Post
    Thank you so much, it's working now!!

    btw, under temp i see:

    amdgpu, 0,
    k10temp,0Tdie
    k10temp,1,Tctl

    It's always on amdgpu even if I selected the others. I assume this gives the gpu temp. How can I let it show cpu and gpu temp?
    Hi
    Seems you can only select one sensor at a time?
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  7. #7

    Default Re: AW: trying to install s-tui, but no luck

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Seems you can only select one sensor at a time?
    yes, true. But which one is the cpu?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,302
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: AW: trying to install s-tui, but no luck

    Quote Originally Posted by ultra99 View Post
    yes, true. But which one is the cpu?
    Hi
    I imagine the Tdie one, what is the full output from the sensors command?
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  9. #9

    Default Re: AW: trying to install s-tui, but no luck

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    I imagine the Tdie one, what is the full output from the sensors command?
    Code:
    # sensors
    thinkpad-isa-0000
    Adapter: ISA adapter
    fan1:        2200 RPM
    
    amdgpu-pci-0300
    Adapter: PCI adapter
    vddgfx:           N/A   
    vddnb:            N/A   
    fan1:             N/A
    temp1:        +52.0°C  (crit = +80.0°C, hyst =  +0.0°C)
    power1:           N/A   
    
    k10temp-pci-00c3
    Adapter: PCI adapter
    Tdie:         +52.2°C  (high = +70.0°C)
    Tctl:         +52.2°C  
    

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,302
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: trying to install s-tui, but no luck

    On Sat 12 Jan 2019 12:46:03 AM CST, ultra99 wrote:

    malcolmlewis;2891351 Wrote:
    > Hi
    > I imagine the Tdie one, what is the full output from the sensors
    > command?



    Code:
    --------------------
    *#* sensors
    thinkpad-isa-0000
    Adapter: ISA adapter
    fan1: 2200 RPM

    amdgpu-pci-0300
    Adapter: PCI adapter
    vddgfx: N/A
    vddnb: N/A
    fan1: N/A
    temp1: +52.0°C (crit = +80.0°C, hyst = +0.0°C)
    power1: N/A

    k10temp-pci-00c3
    Adapter: PCI adapter
    Tdie: +52.2°C (high = +70.0°C)
    Tctl: +52.2°C

    --------------------


    Hi
    I would go with the Tdie one.

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLES 15 | GNOME Shell 3.26.2 | 4.12.14-25.25-default
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •