Thread: LibreOffice update in 42.3 repository?

Default LibreOffice update in 42.3 repository?

A little while ago I posted bug report 1096360 "No LibreOffice offlie-help & language packs in repository" for Leap 42.3. This began "LibreOffice in the Leap 42.3 repository does not include the English-GB offline-help or language packs, or those for any language other than American english." See https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1096360

This report is now marked "resolved fixed" and the last update from Swamp Workflow Management, which relates to Leap 42.3, is as follows:

openSUSE-RU-2018:4289-1: An update that has four recommended fixes can now be installed.

Category: recommended (moderate)
    Bug References: 1050305,1094779,1096360,1104876
    CVE References:
    Sources used:
    openSUSE Leap 42.3 (src): libepubgen-0.1.1-17.1, libetonyek-0.1.8-11.1, liblangtag-0.6.2-8.3.1, libmwaw-0.3.14-2.6.1, libnumbertext-1.0.5-2.1, libreoffice-6.1.3.2-27.4, libstaroffice-0.0.6-2.6.1, libwps-0.4.9-17.1, myspell-dictionaries-20181025-13.1, xmlsec1-1.2.26-10.1
    However the 42.3 update repository currently includes the relevant version of the base package (libreoffice-6.1.3.2-27.4) and SDK but still doesn't seem to include updates for the help-pack or language-pack for any language other than US-English. Am I missing something, or is it still coming?

DL

Blog Entries

Default Re: LibreOffice update in 42.3 repository?

Quote Originally Posted by dlochrin View Post
    A little while ago I posted bug report 1096360 "No LibreOffice offlie-help & language packs in repository" for Leap 42.3. This began "LibreOffice in the Leap 42.3 repository does not include the English-GB offline-help or language packs, or those for any language other than American english." See https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1096360

This report is now marked "resolved fixed" and the last update from Swamp Workflow Management, which relates to Leap 42.3, is as follows:

However the 42.3 update repository currently includes the relevant version of the base package (libreoffice-6.1.3.2-27.4) and SDK but still doesn't seem to include updates for the help-pack or language-pack for any language other than US-English. Am I missing something, or is it still coming?

DL
    Hi
    I think comment #6 in the bug report explains that libreoffice-share-linker performs this action along with the relevant libreoffice-l10n-* file?
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Default Re: LibreOffice update in 42.3 repository?

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    I think comment #6 in the bug report explains that libreoffice-share-linker performs this action along with the relevant libreoffice-l10n-* file?
    Thanks for that! I'm quite unfamiliar with the packaging of OpenSuSE applications and didn't understand the significance of the libreoffice-share-linker program. Just to confuse matters, the packaging of LibreOffice in the Leap 42.3 repository seems very different to that of the version on the ODF website. However it's all now all working fine now.

The only other issue was that the OpenSuSE package appears to create a new version of each user's settings & macros in ~/.config/libreoffice/ and ignore those set by the ODF package used previously, which means everything has to be painfully recreated from scratch.

Cheers, DL